After updating to Android 5.0.1, why does my Nexus 5 start in safe mode only?

shubhendra1970

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
after updating to android 5.0.1 my nexus 5 starts in safe mode only

i own a nexus 5 and was successfully running android 5.0

today i got a message to upgrade to 5.0.1

i accepted the upgrade and the upgrade was downloaded and the process started

now my phone has got stuck on a screen that shows "Start", "Restart boolloader", "Recovery mode", "Power off" options flashing in a sequence

When i select "Start", the phone starts in safe mode only and i am not able to acces my previously downloaded apps

When i select "Restart bootloader", the phone comes back to the same screen

When i select "Recovery mode" and then in the recovery screen i press power button and volume up button i reach the screen that shows various recovery options with "reboot system now" being highlighted but i cannot move to any other option using the volume up and down keys. when i select the "reboot system now" it again takes me to the same screen where "Start", "Restart boolloader", "Recovery mode", "Power off" options flashing in a sequence

When i select the "Power off" option it switches off the phone and when i power on the phone again it again takes me to the same screen where "Start", "Restart boolloader", "Recovery mode", "Power off" options flashing in a sequence

I am totally stuck and dont know what to do as i am unable to access my previously installed apps. pl help me.

Mike Polizzi

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: after updating to android 5.0.1 my nexus 5 starts in safe mode only

You can give this a try
Press and hold Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously until you see something other than Google on the screen.
You should see a large arrow at the top of the screen.
Tap Volume Down repeatedly until you see Recovery in the arrow. Then tap the Power button
You should see an android on his back, chest open with a red triangle and exclamation mark.
While holding Power button tap Volume Up once then release Power.
You should now see a list of items at top of screen.
Tap Volume Down until the item to erase or wipe the cache partition is highlighted. Then tap Power button to initiate.
Status messages will appear at the bottom of the screen. Be patient – it can take 10-15 minutes to complete. When done restart the Nexus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89