Out of RAM

joselito76

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I have to shut it off to bring the ram used down. I am not rooted any more and the phone still fail to update.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 57425.jpg
    57425.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 60

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Other than some questionable app choices I'm not seeing a problem here. Are things crashing because of lack of RAM or are you just not sure why it is being used?

joselito76

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure why ,but as you can see is the system and not the apps using the ram.I was just wondering if any one else is having this issue. After the phone restart the apps are using more ram the opposite.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I still can't tell if there's an issue or not - you want Android to use RAM (rather than minimize usage) as long as it's not causing performance issues. So if it's using a lot of RAM but nothing is running sluggishly or force closing, etc then nothing is wrong with it. If it's using a lot of RAM and there are corresponding issues, then the issues should be troubleshot - but the screenshot doesn't show anything out of the ordinary - it's actually somewhat lower than I'd have expected.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree with Spock. High ram usage doesn't necessarily mean its a bad thing. If the device is running fine, then there's nothing to worry about. The system is running as it should and freeing up enough RAM to keep things running smooth.

Boby Irawan

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
No. This issue is real. Search for Lollipop memory leak and you will have a plenty. It doesn't matter if it used a lot of ram. But the problem is music player getting killed, reload page if selected previous app in recent app, etc.

From what I read on February it will get fixed with Android 5.1

joselito76

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I would agree with you guys. If there where no performance issues. The phone start to slow down,killing apps and eventually restart it self

erod914

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been having the same issue, wiped cache partition hoping it was the answer but no luck. Just received 5.0.1 OTA not rooted all stocked and still having the issue. It is making phone lag especially when home is pressed and closes out of apps. Pretty annoying having to reboot so often 102395.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde