Nexus 5- Canada

rj1221

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I live in Canada and Im on Koodo network. I got my nexus 5 about a wek ago, updated to 4.4.4 and still have not recieved the 5.0 update. Any idea why?

Posted via the Android Central App

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Did you purchase (or get it on contract) with Koodo, or did you purchase it from Google Play Store (online)?

I don't know if they smartened up - but I got a Galaxy Nexus on contract with Rogers - and I had to root it, and convert it to a US version in order to get updates. I would hope since then that Google has gotten a little stricter with carriers but I really haven't done any research since then.

Dig into the forums (here and other Android sites) to see what you can find.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I live in Canada and Im on Koodo network. I got my nexus 5 about a wek ago, updated to 4.4.4 and still have not recieved the 5.0 update. Any idea why?

5.0.1 was released for the Nexus 5 last week, and is still being pushed to devices. The update is sent to devices in wave, and receiving the notification is a waiting game.

If you really want to load the latest update, you can do so manually. Otherwise, be patient and you should be receiving the OTA notification within the coming week(s).

rj1221

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Did you purchase (or get it on contract) with Koodo, or did you purchase it from Google Play Store (online)?

I don't know if they smartened up - but I got a Galaxy Nexus on contract with Rogers - and I had to root it, and convert it to a US version in order to get updates. I would hope since then that Google has gotten a little stricter with carriers but I really haven't done any research since then.

Dig into the forums (here and other Android sites) to see what you can find.

It's not on contract, but I bought it from koodo with a plan on a tab agreement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12