Factory reset?

cbobb123

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if doing a factory reset will solve the memory leak bug in lollipop as it has become very annoying now.

Posted via the Android Central App

mkhilario

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
All I can tell you is I did one factory reset the same day I got the original 5.0.0 update and have not had the memory leak problem. I now have the 5.0.1 and no major bugs. After you reset, give the phone a few days to smooth out battery performance and a few restrarts probably wouldn't hurt either.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if doing a factory reset will solve the memory leak bug in lollipop as it has become very annoying now.

Depends on what memory leak bug you are referring to. If you are referring to the bug that several folks reported, that has just recently been fixed (per the bug tracker), and will be included in a future (hopefully the next) release. So, if that's the bug you are encountering, no, a factory reset will not help you.
I'm using a N5 and N6, both on 5.0.1, and have not noticed this issue yet. (didn't have this issue on 5.0 with my N5 either)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Agree with jj14x. A reboot usually clears the memory leak for a while, but it might creep back in after extended use. Supposedly it has been fixed in the upcoming 5.1 update, which has been rumored to be slated for the next month or so (but nothing official has been stated yet).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781