OK now this is getting ridiculous!

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else with a nexus 5 (or n7 for that matter) still not have lollipop? We are approaching mid-January and I am still on Kit Kat. This is starting to seem a little ridiculous.

minnis12

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I just received mine Friday from google. Still on KitKat. No ota and I don't wanna wipe my phone to update

Posted via the Android Central App

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I actually had the update waiting on my n7, but did not update and it disappeared after a few days- apparently never to appear again... Or so it seems

Last edited:

losl

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I actually had the update waiting on my n7, but did not update and it disappeared after a few days- appear never to appear again... Or so it seems

Hi brosko,

I am in the same situation. I did not update to 5 for both my N5 and N7(2012) at the very beginning. Then the system update notification gone after a week or so and never comes up again. Now my N5 & N7 still in 4.4.4 and waiting.

BTW i am in Vancouver Canada

SLo

FYI: I switched on my N7(2012) after posting the reply and found 5.0.2 system update in the notification area.

Moosebear

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I got the update OTA in November, it pooched my phone, I had problems galore. Fortunately Google replaced it. Pain in the ****.

Apart from that, Lollipop was great, I liked it, but now frankly, I just want my phone to work. It does. Apps are where it's at. Get a new one if you need something new.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone else with a nexus 5 (or n7 for that matter) still not have lollipop? We are approaching mid-January and I am still on Kit Kat. This is starting to seem a little ridiculous.

Some users would envy you being on KitKat still. I can't say that I think my N5 is better for running Lollipop. I grabbed an old Nexus 4 recently....still on 4.4.2....allowed it to update to 4.4.3 then 4.4.4 but that's as far as I'm going. Nice to have KitKat back again. :)

LeSaint

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I just received mine Friday from google. Still on KitKat. No ota and I don't wanna wipe my phone to update

Sideloading the ota file doesn't wipe your phone. I did it on my Nexus 4, and I got a Nexus 5 three weeks ago and I also did it since it seems that there is a hold from google on the ota update

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

That is very strange. You may want to contact Google and see if they can give you a different answer than "rolling out in waves". Try and politely escalate too.
I've always sideloaded or flashed factory images, so haven't had to deal with this, but I understand why you (and others) may not want to do that - and honestly, you shouldn't "have to".

loofmodnar

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering what was going on with this. I updated to Lolipop on my Nexus 5 via OTA back in Nov and about 2 weeks later it started rebooting constantly, Google replaced it and I haven't see anything about Lolipop since.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site

Why are you worried about it? I could have sworn you said you were going to wait a long time before installing it. Right?

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm not worried about getting lollipop per se. Just like I said I won't even install it right away. I am just curious as to why the google system isn't "working". Is my device somehow disconnected from the network? I just want to see it pop up again to know I have a Nexus. Very childish I know. ;)

minnis12

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
From everything I've looked up and read, sounds like they're having issues and bugs so maybe they're waiting to fully release to the public via ota

Aglet

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 5 in Australia, still awaiting Google's pleasure to push the Lollipop update to my device. Hopefully Q1 2015... but soon we'll start speculating about Android M.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^Heh....I was thinking about that last night. Marshmallow? Mars?

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I updated to LP on my n5 and I've been having some annoying bugs like the wifi authentication error bug, a battery draining bug with the location services. My wife's Nexus 5 is attached still on 4.4.4 till these are resolved.

Jack0815

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Had to update mine manually after OTA failed several times. So I went for a clean installation instead of an upgrade. However, most important is to do a backup or complete sync first. There is nothing worse than upgrading/updating your phone and realizing that you lost all your content ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1