Why won't my Nexus 5 turn on after locking?

ananthkrishnanr

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Nexus 5 Power Button Issue - Phone won't turn on after locking

HI , I'm using my nexus 5 for last one year and recentlly updated to latest lollipop version(5.0.1). From Sunday I'm facing a screen lock issue. All of a sudden after a phone call my device din't turn on if i press the power button(unlock). The screen becomes completely blank with mild white background. Even if incoming call comes the screen wont turn on and I cannot take calls as the touch is also unresponsive. The only option is to shut the phone down by pressing all the three buttons(Power,Volume up, Volume down). And again boot the mobile using bootloader "start" option. Once it comes back up , its working as usual. As soon as the screen gets locked, I have to repeat the same thing as it won't unlock. Tried a complete factory reset using recovery mode . The issue still persists. I cannot use my mobile for anything. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated, as its so frustrating.

Thank you so much in advance.

~Ananth

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Power Button Issue - Phone won't turn on after locking

Welcome to AC :)
Maybe a bad power button? I had a similar issue with my phone a couple of weeks ago. Had to make an insurance claim and get it replaced. Are you still within warranty?

ananthkrishnanr

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site

If thats the case, it should not work at all correct. It works at times and don't work at all most of the times. I see it more of a software bug, may be wrong. I bought the device in US and right now im in India, so i have to shell out of my pocket.

ananthkrishnanr

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site

Hi UJ95X.

But this issue should be persistent correct. Sometime's it work and some time it doesn't. Even if it is a power button issue, why the device screen won't turn on when an incoming call comes ?? Should it not be available to attend the call. Please clarify. As mentioned in my previous post, I bought this in US and right now im in India. My warranty expiry is week away.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

^^^Whatever it is, it sounds bad. Get it replaced or repaired while your warranty is still valid.

Posted via the Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Hi UJ95X.

But this issue should be persistent correct. Sometime's it work and some time it doesn't. Even if it is a power button issue, why the device screen won't turn on when an incoming call comes ?? Should it not be available to attend the call. Please clarify. As mentioned in my previous post, I bought this in US and right now im in India. My warranty expiry is week away.

Well if it wasn't from a drop or other accidental damage, I'd call Samsung before your warranty expires like mentioned by belodion :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Lollipop 5.0.2