I knocked my Nexus 5 off the table onto the floor and now it is stuck constantly restarting, how can I fix this?

willross42

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
I knocked my nexus 5 off the table onto the floor and now it is stuck constantly restarting

I knocked my nexus 5 off of the table onto the floor and now it is stuck constantly restarting. It only gets as far as displaying "Google" for a second before beginning start up again.
I have managed to get it to the logo screen a couple times by fiddling with the power button while it is switching on but then still fell into reboot. I opened it up to look but can't see any obvious breakages to the power button inside. Can anyone advise? I really hope this is recoverable without replacing the motherboard as it seems there must just a a connection issue in the power button somewhere.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I knocked my nexus 5 off the table onto the floor and now it is stuck constantly restarting

The power button just pushes the power switch. The switch is most likely shorted (you hope it;s not a short on the motherboard). The only remedy is to have the switch replaced. (The switch is pretty cheap - most of the bill will be for labor.)

y3000k

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: I knocked my nexus 5 off the table onto the floor and now it is stuck constantly restarting

If you live in the United States, bought your phone from the Google play store and your phone is still under warranty, call Google and see if they will send you a one time free replacement.

I dropped my phone and shattered the screen and they sent me a brand new phone...

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

^^^😰That was mighty generous of them!

y3000k

May 5, 2014
Visit site

Yes it was! Google has great customer service. I was very impressed by how quick and easy the whole process was.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer