Disable Nexus 5 Hall Sensor

David Stone4

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
My nexus 5 had some small amount of water damage due to a toddler playing with water while I was sleeping. I disassembled it and cleaned the system board with isopropole alcohol which got it mostly working. The problem now is with the hall or magnetic cover sensor. The thing that tells the phone to lock itself when a fancy folding case is closed. I'm sure it is malfunctioning such that it is always engaged. So now when I turn the phone on and unlock it, it automatically locks itself. This makes the phone unusable.

Does anyone know how to disable this sensor? Doing it in the software would prove to be difficult since I cannot unlock but I would like to know if it's possible.

Does anyone know where it is physically located on the nexus 5? Removing it is probably the easiest method but I have no idea what it even looks like.

Any help is appreciated.

Steve Morrison1

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Know this is an old post and a long shot but I'm having exact same problem now after toddler water damage any luck with getting it fixed?

My nexus 5 had some small amount of water damage due to a toddler playing with water while I was sleeping. I disassembled it and cleaned the system board with isopropole alcohol which got it mostly working. The problem now is with the hall or magnetic cover sensor. The thing that tells the phone to lock itself when a fancy folding case is closed. I'm sure it is malfunctioning such that it is always engaged. So now when I turn the phone on and unlock it, it automatically locks itself. This makes the phone unusable.

Does anyone know how to disable this sensor? Doing it in the software would prove to be difficult since I cannot unlock but I would like to know if it's possible.

Does anyone know where it is physically located on the nexus 5? Removing it is probably the easiest method but I have no idea what it even looks like.

Any help is appreciated.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae