How do I get my photo details to show the correct time?

Dave Satterlee

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Photo Details Show Incorrect Time

Hi everyone,

I have a Google Nexus 5 running Android 5.0.1 and have recently noticed that the time assigned to pictures taken with my phone are all time-stamped five hours later than when the pictures were actually taken. By time stamped I mean the time shown when I pull up the picture's details.

Given that it's exactly five hours off it seems to me that it's probably a time-zone issue. However, I've checked the settings on my phone under Settings/Date & Time and although both the date and time are set to Automatic Date & Time and Automatic Time Zone, the grayed out text below are showing the correct date, time and time zone. This makes sense since my phone displays the correct date and time across the board except for the photo details.

Is this something that can be fixed by adjusting some settings I'm not aware of? Is it a bug? Is it something that anyone else has come across?

Thanks for whatever help anyone can offer!

Dave Satterlee
Lindenwold, NJ

flattie

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Photo Details Show Incorrect Time

Interesting; I noticed a similar thing this morning while looking through some photos. I'll investigate further to see if I can nail the exact time discrepancy I'm seeing.

Posted via the Android Central App

Darryl Cozza

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I have the exact same issue with my Nexus 6, running 5.0.1. Using an app like Quickpic shows the date and time correctly. Also, if I pull the files from the phone and do "Get Info/Properties", it displays the correct time. It seems that Google's Photo App is using GMT, instead of my time zone (EST), which would account for the 5 hour difference.

Does anyone know of a fix for this, other than using a 3rd party app, or waiting for 5.0.2?

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same issue with my Nexus 6, running 5.0.1. Using an app like Quickpic shows the date and time correctly. Also, if I pull the files from the phone and do "Get Info/Properties", it displays the correct time. It seems that Google's Photo App is using GMT, instead of my time zone (EST), which would account for the 5 hour difference.

Does anyone know of a fix for this, other than using a 3rd party app, or waiting for 5.0.2?

What if you clear cache for the Photo App. Go to Settings > Apps > Swipe Left to All Tab > Scroll Down to Photos > Tap Photo > Tap Clear Cache, see if that does it. May need to do a restart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21