EMail Font Size

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I sometime send emails from my Nexus 5 using GMail. A friend mentioned that the emails come in with a very, very small font. Is there a way to increase the font size for messages sent to computers?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
There's no option to change font size that I can find In the Gmail app. AFAIK you need to install another email client to do that.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Email is content, it doesn't have fonts, sizes, colors - just characters. And there's no setting in the GMail app to change the size of the text you're sending (because there's no "size attribute" in the email specification).

If your friend is seeing email in a small size, tell your friend to check the settings on his/her email app. Some apps can change the size of the text they display. That has nothing to do with email, just with what's being displayed.

@Crashdamage:
Any app that can do that is sending HTML, not email. And anyone who writes an email app that can send HTML should be roasted over a small match until he's well done all over. If you want to send HTML you send it as a file attachment, not as the body of a text medium like email.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
@Crashdamage:
Any app that can do that is sending HTML, not email. And anyone who writes an email app that can send HTML should be roasted over a small match until he's well done all over. If you want to send HTML you send it as a file attachment, not as the body of a text medium like email.
We've been over this before. And like I said, I completely, utterly agree with you *in principle* and that for many years I steadfastly refused to use anything but Mutt for a client. But I also said that I've been forced to face the realities of email in 2015.

Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do...

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs