Nexus 5 Reboots

AndroidDario

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
It's two days now that my Nexus 5 reboots automatically. I don't know why, but it happen. Tried to disable Tasker, but nothing changed. Yesterday I wasn't able to open the Photo app. Any idea what's happening? This is the worst period to change the phone, I only buy Nexus devices and in less than six months a new model will arrive. Any suggestions?

AndroidDario

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
This afternoon my Nexus got into a loop, it turned off and on, updating all the apps like if a new OS version has been just installed. Another issue is that most of time I lock the screen pushing the right side button, the screen turns off and immediately after it turns on again, showing the button Turns Off.
It's frustrating. I am running 5.1 with no root. Any idea of what's going on?

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible that the power button in sticking? Was the 5.1 loaded OTA or did you flash it? The only thing I can think of it that may you got a corrupt download. You may want to down load the flash file from here . Then flash the file yourself.

AndroidDario

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Deleted everything. Set my phone up again. Refresh the cache again. Better, but sporadically continues to reboot, even in faster and without the app updating process. Can't understand what's going on. Thinking to try a downgrade to KitKat. Can you suggest me how to do it?

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Deleted everything.

So when you said you deleted everything, you mean you did a factory reset?

even in faster and without the app updating process.

Not sure what you mean by this.

Down grading to KitKat would be one way to narrow it down. If everything works fine after KitKat install then you now its not hardware. Which would lead me to believe that it was a bad ROM firmware image download. At which time you could attempt to down a fresh copy of Lollipop and re-flash if.

AndroidDario

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday my phone booted itself 10 times at least. I was ready to buy a new one, but then inexplicably...it worked again. And it still works, like always. Can't figure out what's happening or happened, hope everything works fine.