Earpiece volume

pebble_games

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

My in-call earpiece volume has been incredibly low recently. I can't hear the other person unless I'm in an extremely quiet environment. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I'm hoping it's just a hardware issue as I've ordered a new earpiece speaker on Amazon for cheap. Let me know if you've had the same issue.

pebble_games

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Update: I found the line of code in which you can control the earpiece volume. (You need root to access and edit the system file). I used the following steps

• In your file explorer (make sure you have root and can edit system files - BE CAREFUL) go to /system/etc/mixer_paths.xml
  • Open the mixer_paths.xml file with a text
  • Scroll down about two thirds of the way until you see the following code snippet
    Code:
    <path name="voice-handset">
    <path name="handset" />
    <ctl name="RX1 Digital Volume" value="[B]94[/B]" />
    </path>
  • The value here controls the earpiece volume. Change this to a desired volume I recommend trying 100 and seeing if that is satisfactory.
    CAUTION: Be careful with this volume control. Too much of an increment may permanently damage your earpiece.
  • Save the file and exit. Re-open the file and re-check the value to ensure the file saved correctly.
  • Restart phone.
  • Enjoy!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams