5.1.1 update

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
It's been released today... oops it is well after midnight so that would be yesterday. Here is a link. I download and flashed, did factory reset as usual. I did not have any problems. I guess, I will see how the battery goes, sure hope in is better. That is the only thing I had any problems with in all previous versions.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
To soon to tell has not been but 12 hours since up grade and only 8 hour since off charger. See attached photos. Standby last night while we where both sleeping seemed to increase slightly. I use to use 1% per hour last night it was 0.7% per hour. Sure wish this thing had a 3000+ mAh battery.

Screenshot_2015-05-21-09-39-32.jpgScreenshot_2015-05-21-09-45-00.jpgScreenshot_2015-05-21-09-42-21.jpg

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
OK, it has been 5 days now and after a few charges and discharges and some reboots. I have not seen any battery usage improvements, sorry to say. Will Google ever get this right? And now this week at Google IO they are going to talk Android M. I really think that they should fix Lollipop first. I will stay with them until this 2016 if they do not do something about Battery by then I may roll back to KitKat, back to when all was right in the world.

Tervz

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Receiving it now in the US Midwest. I got it a couple of weeks ago on my Nexus 9 which now seems smoother and faster. My nexus 5 battery easily lasts a day with moderate use. We'll see how it does after the update. I only have a 1 gig data plan on T-Mobile. After that they slow me down somewhat so I stay on wireless at home. I think it uses a lot of battery shifting between wireless and LTE. I also have found updates of other programs can cause slow downs and use more battery, especially Facebook. It's not always the fault of the phone, which I still love. AH, update done. The Nexus 5 seems peppier already.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I think it uses a lot of battery shifting between wireless and LTE. I also have found updates of other programs can cause slow downs and use more battery, especially Facebook.

If you know you are going to be on Wi-Fi for a while what I do is turn off cellular data, keep it from switching back and forth. Then if you are out of Wi-Fi data area then turn on cellular data,and turn off Wi-Fi to keep it from searching.This can save battery. Also if you have a weak cell tower signal that can eat up battery.

Gerryinbc

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I just got the OTA. Too soon to see any difference but it was fine before. It's always been fine, BTW. I really like the N5, but at one point I got the itch to try something else and am using a Note 4 now as my daily phone. The N5 is always powered up though for a back up if I need it. All I have to do is swap the sim from the Note to the N5 and I'm good to go. Great phone.