Nexus 5 is overheating/rebooting sporadically/no service. How can I fix this?

jumperjatt

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Nexus 5 is overheating/rebooting sporadically/no service

Hi, my Nexus 5 has been acting up like crazy to the point where I can't use it anymore and had to go back to my galaxy s2...thats right, s2!

After the last firmware update it started to get really hot near the top of the phone (to the point where it would almost burn my hand), it started restarting about 5 times an hour. Also it would recognize my sim card provider but would say no service and show no bars.

I've downgraded the firmware, factory reset the phone, and tried just about anything else. Hopefully theres something left that I can do.

LG wants $150 to repair the phone and I don't have the money to spare. I haven't once dropped the phone either so I'm guessing its something software related.

Any help is appreciated, I'm willing to try just about anything as theres no use in selling it cause I clearly won't be cutting my losses.

Cheers!

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 is overheating/rebooting sporadically/no service

Jumperjatt, sorry to hear about the issues. I've experienced the "lite" version of these. Not quite as hot, not quite as rebooty, my bad service is more anything switching between LTE/3G (where it used to be just fine). Anywho, as you might expect, my first suggestion would be a factory reset, which you've already done. My next suggestion would be to contact Google customer service. In the past, I contacted them about a crack in the screen, as I was just curious how much a "Google approved" solution would be, and they replaced the phone for me. No charge, just a CC hold until they got the old one back.

Best of luck to you.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 is overheating/rebooting sporadically/no service

Welcome to Android Central

Contacting Google like oskar1995 suggested is probably your best bet to get it replaced for free.