Buying a used Android..what should I look for?

A

AC Question

Buying a used android...what should I look for

I currently have a Nexus 5 stock and ever since Lollipop my GPS doesn't work.

I am going to purchase a used phone on craigslist and wanted experts opinions. I love wireless charging on my Nexus5 (I have an airdock for the car and one for home and work). So my next phone I will have to buy a wireless back/case to enable this feature.
I am thinking Samsung Galaxy 5, LG G3, Moto X (version 2), HTC one m8, Oneplus One. From what I have read I will have better luck trying to get a Tmobile version vs ATT as they usually have less bloatware.

I use cricket wireless and my Nexus5 works great with them, I will be staying with Cricket.

Budget is $300.

If you were me what would you do and what would you be worried about when purchasing one? My concern is getting one that will work and is not locked or not having a clear IMEI.

maduro78

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Buying a used android...what should I look for

I'd look on swappa first. The likelihood of getting exactly what you want will probably be at its highest. Cl is a crapshoot

sent from my LG G4 vs986

Jon Gordon

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I had never heard of swappa...seems prices are a bit higher but not crazy. Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like all the phones I mentioned are right around the $300 mark, any advice on which one to go with?

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I had never heard of swappa...seems prices are a bit higher but not crazy. Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like all the phones I mentioned are right around the $300 mark, any advice on which one to go with?

The one with the most pictures, best price, closest state to you, etc. :)

alanandroid

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site

I currently have a Nexus 5 stock and ever since Lollipop my GPS doesn't work.

I am going to purchase a used phone on craigslist and wanted experts opinions. I love wireless charging on my Nexus5 (I have an airdock for the car and one for home and work). So my next phone I will have to buy a wireless back/case to enable this feature.
I am thinking Samsung Galaxy 5, LG G3, Moto X (version 2), HTC one m8, Oneplus One. From what I have read I will have better luck trying to get a Tmobile version vs ATT as they usually have less bloatware.

I use cricket wireless and my Nexus5 works great with them, I will be staying with Cricket.

Budget is $300.

If you were me what would you do and what would you be worried about when purchasing one? My concern is getting one that will work and is not locked or not having a clear IMEI.

If you enjoy the stock experience of the Nexus 5. Get a Oneplus-one. No wireless charging but the battery lasts twice as long and it's a quick charger too. Not too big and it's powerful. Camera could be better but the speakers are better than the N5. It's all swings and roundabouts really. No perfect device.

Posted via the Android Central App

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

I just bought a used Nexus 5 from a guy on Craigslist. Some find on the corners, but overall in good shape. Have a case on it anyway and you can't tell. $150, not bad.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo