Why isn't my Nexus 5 turning on?

kokolight

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
My Nexus 5 is not turning on

Yesterday my phone worked perfectly ... then I used Skype to chat with my friend , we were chatting for couple of minutes and then something went wrong and my phone shut down (went on black screen). I tried to power it on and it didn't respond , I tried plug in the charger and it was boot looping (showing the google logo line on start up and then shuts down). I just don't know what to do .
when i am trying to charge the phone it is boot looping ...
Do you have any solution for me ?

bluefalcon13

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: My Nexus 5 is not turning on

Yesterday my phone worked perfectly ... then I used Skype to chat with my friend , we were chatting for couple of minutes and then something went wrong and my phone shut down (went on black screen). I tried to power it on and it didn't respond , I tried plug in the charger and it was boot looping (showing the google logo line on start up and then shuts down). I just don't know what to do .
when i am trying to charge the phone it is boot looping ...
Do you have any solution for me ?
Sounds similar to my issue. I think my internal power button was stuck on, so I held the phone at the bottom with on hand, and smacked it into my other, open hand (palm, not super hard) and it resolved my boot loops. Then I flashed the stock image via fastboot and haven't had any issues since. Not 100% sure on the smack thing, but it seemed to work for me.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

kokolight

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site

Sounds similar to my issue. I think my internal power button was stuck on, so I held the phone at the bottom with on hand, and smacked it into my other, open hand (palm, not super hard) and it resolved my boot loops. Then I flashed the stock image via fastboot and haven't had any issues since. Not 100% sure on the smack thing, but it seemed to work for me.

unfortunately , i am pretty sure that my power button isn't stuck on... because i had a similar issue before and I restored to factory defaults and i fixed it . but now , I am not able even to start up the phone. By the way , i did not understand , you smacked the button when it was trying to reboot ?
Thanks for the fast reply !

bluefalcon13

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site

unfortunately , i am pretty sure that my power button isn't stuck on... because i had a similar issue before and I restored to factory defaults and i fixed it . but now , I am not able even to start up the phone. By the way , i did not understand , you smacked the button when it was trying to reboot ?
Thanks for the fast reply !
It felt like my phone's button could be depressed, but it was also like it was held down and rebooting constantly because it was held down. If I went to the bootloader, it would start booting the phone as normal after a few seconds.

The whack: I held the phone in my left hand, thumb on top of the notification light, pointer on the back near the USB port. I put my open right hand under the up half of the phone, the rotated it away from my palm (left hand) and smacked it against the my right hand and not super hard. I wasn't trying to break it after all. This stopped the bootloop for me.

Edit: I should add by depressed I mean clicked/actuated. IE- it didn't feel stuck, but behaved like it was.

Last edited:

kokolight

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site

It felt like my phone's button could be depressed, but it was also like it was held down and rebooting constantly because it was held down. If I went to the bootloader, it would start booting the phone as normal after a few seconds.

The whack: I held the phone in my left hand, thumb on top of the notification light, pointer on the back near the USB port. I put my open right hand under the up half of the phone, the rotated it away from my palm (left hand) and smacked it against the my right hand and not super hard. I wasn't trying to break it after all. This stopped the bootloop for me.

Edit: I should add by depressed I mean clicked/actuated. IE- it didn't feel stuck, but behaved like it was.

I tried it and i didn't work for me :( , perhaps there is a bug in lolipop version 5.1.1 ?
Thanks for the help ! I will wait for more replies.

bluefalcon13

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site

I tried it and i didn't work for me :( , perhaps there is a bug in lolipop version 5.1.1 ?
Thanks for the help ! I will wait for more replies.
You can try holding down the vol down button while it is boot looping, then quickly hitting vol down to select recovery. That way you can attempt to reload your phone's software.

Also, someone said Google support had them plug the phone into a computer and try powering it up while plugged into a computer and that worked for them :shrugs:

kokolight

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site

You can try holding down the vol down button while it is boot looping, then quickly hitting vol down to select recovery. That way you can attempt to reload your phone's software.

Also, someone said Google support had them plug the phone into a computer and try powering it up while plugged into a computer and that worked for them :shrugs:

oh my god! you are my hero bro ... lol .
I plugged it into the pc..
I tried to get to bootloader (which wasn't working as well ) i did it and then pressed vol down and it rebooted couple of time but i insisted and it kept bootloader on screen (instead of rebooting again) and then i clicked on recovery mode , for some reason it showed me an image on screen and "no command" was written. then i pressed the power button for long time (to reboot it ) and it just woke up normally.. now it is Optimizing apps but it worked!
so again , thank you very much!!

bluefalcon13

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site

oh my god! you are my hero bro ... lol .
I plugged it into the pc..
I tried to get to bootloader (which wasn't working as well ) i did it and then pressed vol down and it rebooted couple of time but i insisted and it kept bootloader on screen (instead of rebooting again) and then i clicked on recovery mode , for some reason it showed me an image on screen and "no command" was written. then i pressed the power button for long time (to reboot it ) and it just woke up normally.. now it is Optimizing apps but it worked!
so again , thank you very much!!
Glad that worked for you. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03