Nexus 5 cracked screen

foe84

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I cracked the bottom of my screen. Phone functionality is the same, think may have cracked the glass only.

So far, repairs range from $110-150. Does anyone have any experience with replacements? How well does the phone work afterwards?

Can't decide if fixing is worth it or just bite the bullet and buy a new phone.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I cracked the bottom of my screen. Phone functionality is the same, think may have cracked the glass only.

So far, repairs range from $110-150. Does anyone have any experience with replacements? How well does the phone work afterwards?

Can't decide if fixing is worth it or just bite the bullet and buy a new phone.

IMO it's not worth it to fix. buy a new Nexus 6 or if you can limp along for a few months get the next Nexus later this year.

good luck!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You can get a replacement screen (glass+lcd) for about $40 on Ebay. I did the fix but tore the ribbon of the new screen. It's extremely sensitive, so be careful if you try the repair. They sell full frames with screen and panel, and all you do is swap your parts. That's pretty easy to do, but will cost a little more.

foe84

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
i've decided to look for a good conditioned used one. I see mostly white and 16gb. I have a 32 and the extra gigs are nice. I'm at 21 available (so i've used 11gigs) gb, so would 16gb be fine? More options in 16.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz