L to M to L again, battery issue

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
As you can see, in just a few hours, the battery is down to 80% and draining at an unusual rate. I was originally on Lollipop 5.1.1, and the battery life was fine, I used to get around 22 hours with one full charge. Then I flashed M preview 2, and I had the random WiFi Mac address issue, so I flashed M preview 3. The WiFi Mac address issue was resolved, but this new battery drainage issue popped up. I used it for 2 days on M preview 3 and couldn't take the headache, so I flashed Lollipop 5.1.1 again, and yes I've done everything cache wipe, factory reset and etc, still the issue remains. I'm a stock freak and I keep my phone well optimized for better battery life (lowest brightness, sync set to maximum and etc). I don't use any task killers or battery apps either. However, I've noticed, once the battery comes down to about 40%, it drains at a normal rate and all the apps that I'm using are shown in the battery info screen. Before this happens, very few apps appear on the battery info screen as you can see in the image. Restarts don't help at all. I'm tired of flashing and factory resetting... Safe mode doesn't make any difference either. What do you guys suggest I do?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1813.jpg
    1813.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 31

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Could it be a physical battery issue with age? I have preview 3 on my Nexus 5 and I'm getting insane standby and much better SOT. This is with gmail and exchange syncing.

Screenshot_20150821-173258.jpgScreenshot_20150821-172847.jpg

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
In my case, the battery drain stops at about 85% now. Prior to that, it rapidly discharges, even on idle. So no, this is not a physical battery issue or whatsoever. It was working fine when I got the phone, started getting crazy after I flashed the sinister M preview.

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm having no problem with M so far. Battery life has greatly improved. Stand by time is awesome. I can't wait for the official build

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21