How long does your original battery last on your aged Nexus 5?

How long does your original battery last on your aged Nexus 5?

• Total voters

nikon120

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm ignoring usage patterns for the sake of keeping this easy. Everyone varies with screen on time and their usage. A simple how long does your aged stock device last?

Rooted, stock N5 here.

I've had my N5 since initial launch. My battery life is turning to crap these days. I'm lucky to get a full 8 hours with sporadic usage. The device has started to actually turn itself off when battery life hits <12%. Granted I haven't wiped my user data partition in a few updates, but battery life is getting pretty bad.

I'm very tempted to just get a Moto G and wait to see how the next few months pan out with new Nexus phones.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I've had mine about 1.5 years and the battery is still good. I haven't used it as a daily driver of late, so it's difficult to answer your question with a figure.
Bear in mind that Android 6.0 will be upon us soon, with possible improvements to battery life....though in your case a new battery may be indicated first.

Posted via the Android Central App

ianhanson85

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I replaced mine after 16 months.... Though even with a new battery the problems continued. I think it's more of a lollipop problem than a battery issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine since launch. Standby battery time is still good. Otherwise I get about 3 hours of use with the screen on.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance