Nexus 5 Time Update Issues after Marshmallow Update

krishka31

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Ever since I have updated my Nexus 5 to Marshmallow, there have been constant issues with auto update of date and time. Sometimes when the phone is idle, it decides to not update the time displayed. The worst is when the alarm doesn't ring because of this, and I end up being late or unaware of it, until I come across some other source of time. This is more than just a little annoying, its terribly inconveniencing. I have already tried correcting it and enabling auto update of date/ time and time zone multiple times, but no luck. Is anyone else facing the same issue? Need help!

camanokid

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yikes. That's a lot of bug reports.:(

Does it help if you turn off battery optimization for the clock? And maybe com.qualcomm.timeservice.

Mohanvp

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Even I am facing hell lot of issues in Nexus 5 after upgrading to Android 6.
1) Time and date not showing properly and I have re-start the phone everyday. After re-start, It works till that day and again the same problem appears for next day and I have to re-start it again. This really sucks!!!!.
2) Sometimes phone will be in locked status(no light display on screen to check who has called, only you can hear ring tone) when an incoming call comes. You have to click on lock button twice to see who has called. Once you pick the call and finished with your conversation, End button doesn't appear on screen because the phone is in lock status. We have to wait till the other guy hung up.

someone please let me know is there a way to fix these issues.

thekid17

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with the end of a phone call and the phone on the lock position. Have to unlock or wait for the other person to hang up.

wilksy

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy,

On Wednesday, I wiped the cache partition and not only was my time "recalibrated" but I noticed MAJOR increase in battery life. At the end of last week I was having to charge my phone 3 times in one day. Yesterday I had 85% by bedtime.

Although it appears short-lived. Looks like my phone is once again draining battery faster than I would like. I am currently running on my second charge already.

Any idea what might have been fixed yesterday, but is now once again malfunctioning? Seems strange to me that it could have been fixed so momentarily.

Thanks so much!

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy,

On Wednesday, I wiped the cache partition and not only was my time "recalibrated" but I noticed MAJOR increase in battery life. At the end of last week I was having to charge my phone 3 times in one day. Yesterday I had 85% by bedtime.

Although it appears short-lived. Looks like my phone is once again draining battery faster than I would like. I am currently running on my second charge already.

Any idea what might have been fixed yesterday, but is now once again malfunctioning? Seems strange to me that it could have been fixed so momentarily.

Thanks so much!

The next time you notice short battery life that day, open up Settings and go to Battery to see what has some of the largest percentage taken away. Lately many users on Marshmallow are seeing Wifi take heaps of battery.

Posted via Android Central App

wilksy

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
The first day was the Calendar app >45% and Android System >40%. I have since disabled syncing of the calendar which appears to have solved that issue. Android System (not OS), however, remains the highest user of my battery.

I am unsure of what "Android System" entails, and if there are any settings that should be adjusted to avoid such high drainage.
Thanks

Tejaswinikp

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Ever since I have updated my Nexus 5 to Marshmallow, there have been constant issues with auto update of date and time. Sometimes when the phone is idle, it decides to not update the time displayed. The worst is when the alarm doesn't ring because of this, and I end up being late or unaware of it, until I come across some other source of time. This is more than just a little annoying, its terribly inconveniencing. I have already tried correcting it and enabling auto update of date/ time and time zone multiple times, but no luck. Is anyone else facing the same issue? Need help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech