Nexus 5 Restore Procedure

sunnah

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I am upgrading to a Nexus 5 from the Samsung Nexus. The Nexus 5 is used and I just added my account. What should I do to bring in all the apps and app setup from my previous phone? I am sure I do not have to download them all individually again! Thanks.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Depending on which version of Android you have on the Nexus 5, when you enter your gmail info at the setup wizard it'll ask if you wanna restore apps from your old device.

I would do a factory reset to start from scratch.

sunnah

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I figured it out. It did not ask to restore apps when I setup the gmail account. Instead I went to Google play and under "My Apps" I was able to select the apps I wanted to download again. Perhaps that message will come after a factory reset. Do you really think I should do that anyways? The phone is in mint condition.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. I figured it out. It did not ask to restore apps when I setup the gmail account. Instead I went to Google play and under "My Apps" I was able to select the apps I wanted to download again. Perhaps that message will come after a factory reset. Do you really think I should do that anyways? The phone is in mint condition.
If I'm getting a used phone I'm gonna do a factory reset just to be on the safe side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar