04-18-2017 03:22 AM
27 12
tools
    Hi,

I bought a Nexus 5 in September 2015, I've been quite happy with it since then but it started driving me crazy recently. The notification bar isn't working anymore: I can't see what my notifications (quite annoying because when my phone vibrates, I don't know what for), and I can't pull down the bar. Also, the home and recents bottom buttons stopped working (they glow I touch them but nothing happens). These 3 things occurred after rebooting my phone after it was turned off because it ran out of battery.

As a new member, I cannot post a link to the video that shows my problem (in case I haven't phrased it properly). However you can find it on YouTube, if you search for "Can't pull down notification bar, home and recents button not working on Nexus 5" (keep the quotation marks). First I try to pull down the notification bar but only the date appears; then I enter the settings and can't use home and recents buttons

I have tried:
    -rebooting the phone
    -clearing app cache
    -clearing system cache

Is there something I can do?

Thank you.

Thank God, Im not alone. Hey guys Im facing the exact issue in my Moto G3. I am using this device for the past 3 years without an issue. This is the first time in my life I am facing this kind of strange software bug in my android. I know factory reset will fix this issue but still need to find another work around for this. I cannot see the user menu in settings so that I can switch to guest.
    And Im gonna try the safe mode thingy now. But I have no clue how this thing happened. 😢 Yesterday I got the android nougat update notification. But I dint do it until now. But this problem started all of a sudden. Any effective work around for this??

Thanks
    01-12-2017 11:41 PM
    Did you buy the phone "new" from a carrier, online, or retail shop? The phone was released in 2013, but warranty starts on the day it was purchased. Since you bought it in 2015, it should be under warranty providing you bought it at an authorized dealer. You might want to attempt getting a replacement from where ever you bought it.

Other than that, the only other thing I can think of is you factory reset the phone. You'll need to back up all your data as the factory reset will wipe the phone to how you pulled it out of the box. If the phone still doesn't work, then its something else which might require you taking it to a repair shop.
    I'm having the same issue on my Nexus 7, when I try and switch to guest it immediately switches back to my profile.
    04-18-2017 03:22 AM
27 12