Lg nexus 5 Battery percentage isn't accurate to battery usage in settings

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It's difficult to tell very much after only 50min of usage. Could you use the phone normally until you need to recharge - at 20-30% charge remaining as B.Diddy suggests - and then post screenshots of the stats?

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Just over 2h screen-on time with 27% charge remaining, while not impressive, is not too bad for a Nexus 5, assuming fairly average brightness levels.

Zakaria Ouh

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
thank you Friend.
i'm thinking of replacing my battery or switching to Nexus 5x.
I just had it for 1 month now and i had enough of it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree with belodion. 2+ hrs of screen-on time on a Nexus 5 is not unusual. The N5 is a decent phone hampered by a weak battery, so it works best for light users or those who don't mind recharging frequently (or carrying a small powerbank around).

Zakaria Ouh

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I know it has a weak battery.
but comparing it to my friend's motorola moto G (2Gen) running 6.0 (2070mAh) my nexus 5; that's powered by a battery of 2300mAh; drains 2x times down.
i wanna know why ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 5 has a higher-res screen (1080 x 1920 vs 720 x 1280). Pushing more pixels takes more power, so that's probably one of the main factors.

Zakaria Ouh

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
That's true.
because screen is the first thing that take up more percentage of my battery.
as you see in screenshots.
i'm afraid that phone radio maybe the problem because my battery drains faster when data is enabled.
also doze seems to be not working for me.
please explain all of this to me dear.
i'm not familiar with this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you have a lot of things that are constantly or frequently syncing, that will contribute to battery drain when your data is enabled. Go through as many apps as possible and adjust the sync intervals (if possible). Or turn off Auto-Sync when you're not actively using your phone, and just turn it on when you wake your phone and plan to use it for a while.

Doze won't activate unless the phone has been completely motionless for a certain amount of time. So if you're always carrying it around, Doze won't ever come on.

Zakaria Ouh

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
well,i have already deactivated sync for all the apps including google + And Facebook;
generally every app that requires sync.
and wifi and bluetooth scanning are also deactivated.
i know some people that had this problem in 6.0 and after they recieved 6.0.1 and MOB30D build number and May security patch level their problem have been solved.
personnally,i have the MOB30D build number and recieved may security patch level and installed it.
but the problem remains the same and nothing has changed for me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
But the battery life you're experiencing is no different than what I've always experienced on my Nexus 5.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
You may care to install the Greenify app, unless you're already using it. When set up appropriately, it can help with battery life, basically by force-stopping apps that might otherwise run on in the background. The latest version of it also has an Aggressive Doze feature.

Zakaria Ouh

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
grennify Stops the apps that run in background.
i used it sometimes
but my phone's battery drains when data is enabled and using something that uses data such as whatsapp or web.
it doesn't drain when data is enabled and reading msgs or editting photos for example.
this is weird because my phone radio seems to drain the battery but the GSam app shows screen on the top which used more percentage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781