Does anyone else think the Nexus 5 is a strange phone?

A

AC Question

Nexus 5 is a strange phone !!!

Yesterday I went to buy a new phone and asked the lady for similar phones like my old one, and she just named a few and compared them and I chose the NEXUS 5. This is literally the strangest phone I've ever seen. It doesn't have a '' galary '' where I can view my pictures it's all on google??? Hooow??? I'm so confused.. Is this the whole concept of """ a NEXUS phone """ ??? I did not know any of this before buying the phone, this is so crazy

What could I do ?

Adam Zeis

Adminstrator
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 is a strange phone !!!

Yes, the Nexus devices are pure Google phones. All the apps are there, and you can always download what you like from the Play store. The Photos app is the gallery that would be on other devices, just without the bloat. I've gone from Nexus 5 -> Nexus 5x -> Nexus 6p. There's nothing better than a Nexus.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Congratulations on your 5. It is in my opinion - and I know I'm not alone - one of the best phones ever made. Ageing now, and a bit short on the latest specs, but nevertheless an excellent all-round performer that will remain usable for a long time yet. :)

Last edited:

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
What's crazy is buying a new phone and a day later to be on the forum saying it doesn't work like your old phone. Really? Perhaps you should take a week to play with it and find out how it does work. I had very little experience with phones or Android and that worked for me. But, I'm really old and not very technically gifted.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 is a strange phone !!!

Yesterday I went to buy a new phone and asked the lady for similar phones like my old one, and she just named a few and compared them and I chose the NEXUS 5. This is literally the strangest phone I've ever seen. It doesn't have a '' galary '' where I can view my pictures it's all on google??? Hooow??? I'm so confused.. Is this the whole concept of """ a NEXUS phone """ ??? I did not know any of this before buying the phone, this is so crazy

What could I do ?
The Photos app will show you on-device pics, as well as those you are syncing to Google Photos (optional). Because ... Google. Because ... cloud.

My go-to image app is QuickPic. Great app, shallow learning curve, superb features. Try it. It's probably close to what you are used to in a, ahem, gallery app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463