nexus 5 fast charging

ash_3prem

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
i often charge my nexus 5 with a charger made for higher battery capacities and it does get heat up verybadly sometimesand sometimes it just got harged normally and no heat up was there.
is it safe ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What heats up--the charger or the phone? Modern devices generally can't be "overcharged," because they draw the current they need (rather then getting current pushed into them). But if the charger itself is defective or poorly made, it's possible that the charger could overheat and become a fire hazard.

ash_3prem

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
i often charge my nexus 5 with a charger made for higher battery capacities and it does get heat up verybadly sometimesand sometimes it just got harged normally and no heat up was there.
is it safe ?

Most of the times it is mobile but 2 or 3 times out of ten charger also seems to be heated up.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I suppose there are times when a faulty or poorly designed charger could cause problems. If you're worried, I'd just get a new charger.

jrgreen2001

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
My battery would get a little warm too, but I'm living in a warmer climate in central America at the moment, so it's kind of expected. Warm, but nothing that seems to be dangerous.

ash_3prem

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
i live in INDIA and here normally temperature goes to 40-44°C in summer that time it burn like anything ... but this situation is like WINTER IS COMING in india .. :)
but in a cold weather its also doing the same AVG antivirus pro app showing the battery temperature as overheated all the time while charging and just after charging it shows that battery health as GOOD condition .
dont know what to do whether to keep using that charger or should i switch to the original nexus charge once again .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is your battery holding charge like it always has, or is it draining more quickly these days? A battery that heats up a lot during charging could be starting to fail.

ash_3prem

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
yes it is giving me less time or you can say the charge holding time is an hour less than that before...
i am also thinking about it but not sure because it sometimes gives me a full day without charging again
and three out of ten times it drain quickly so i am not sure it is in a bad situation or it is fine .
another thing is i have purchased it two years ago so till now it may be possible that it is over itself.... but ya sure now a days its behavior is random .

ash_3prem

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
right now i am charging my nexus with its original charger came with in the box .
and seeing that if the same problem is with that charger also .
but its been 3 days nothing bad happened no heatup .the only thing i have noticed is less battery backup than that of before somewhat two to three hours less
may be its due to a two year use .
i will be in touch with you if i will encounter any problem and thnx .