Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Default Nexus 6

Do you guys think there is going to be a Nexus 6? According to Evleaks they are still backing up there idea of no Nexus 6 even with the recent confirmation from the Google staff members that the Nexus line is not going anywhere.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is there a Nexus Phone in 2014? (Nexus 6 Rumors)-ev.png  

Default Re: Nexus 6

A lot of rumors say there will be a Nexus 6 and that it will be made by HTC.

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

Nexus 4 was launched with the Nexus 10 and the debut of Android 4.2.

For this fall I can see the Nexus 5 (2014) being launched alongside the Nexus 9 with debut of Android 5.0.

The Nexus 9 has already leaked to be made by HTC. An HTC Nexus phone would be nice. LG and Samsung both got two shots at making Nexus phones. Now it will be HTC's second shot at it. Also an LG official has said Google never contacted LG with a Nexus contract.

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

They just can't admit that a "source" was wrong, they where wrong, minds where changed, plans changed, etc. Wow.

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

I don't think any minds were changed because this would be pretty late for Google to start working on it now. I believe there always was a Nexus 6 planned from the beginning. Man I bet some of his sources legit troll him once in a while. Feed him some minor stuff that turns out to be true then give big false information.

Global Posts
    2,591 Global Posts

The Nexus 6 is honestly the only phone I would buy instead of an iPhone. I'm glad the line isn't killed off by Google, because the 6 is looking to be awesome!
    LightaDroid likes this.

Dave Burke, the head of Android engineering and the Nexus program at Google, confirmed that they are not scrapping the Nexus series.

"People just get excited by concepts and forget why we do things," -David Burke.

Hell yea can't wait for it...

Posted from Google Nexus 5

Default Re: N6

I'd be happy with any thing Google is happy with.. They never let me down. Lol

How so? We know literally nothing about it. I'm excited for a new Nexus as much as the next guy but let's be realistic here.

Yea I don't think Nexus will go anywhere for a while.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by LightaDroid View Post
    Dave Burke, the head of Android engineering and the Nexus program at Google, confirmed that they are not scrapping the Nexus series.

"People just get excited by concepts and forget why we do things," -David Burke.

Hell yea can't wait for it...

Until there's a reference to the Nexus phone (not just the Nexus line) I won't be getting my hopes up too much.

Via a cool AC App on a great Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by stevedo View Post
    Until there's a reference to the Nexus phone (not just the Nexus line) I won't be getting my hopes up too much.

Via a cool AC App on a great Nexus 4
    Sorry I didn't post the whole article.
    but is was in reference of the phones and tablets.

ill look for the article again and post it later today..

its has a lot to say about the development of the Nexus line including Phones and Tablets.

Global Posts
    11,648 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

IMO, he's just saying it's not going to be called the "Nexus 6".

Now various sources are reporting a 6" Nexus 6 (a true phablet!) at less than $400 and impressive specs including a 2k screen. HTC is supposedly making it for release in 4th qtr 2014.

Google Nexus Rumors Now Involve the Nexus 6 Price

Quote Originally Posted by RealDogBoy View Post
    Now various sources are reporting a 6" Nexus 6 (a true phablet!) at less than $400 and impressive specs including a 2k screen. HTC is supposedly making it for release in 4th qtr 2014.

Google Nexus Rumors Now Involve the Nexus 6 Price
    There is absolutely no substance to that article whatsoever. It's just pure guesswork - terrible journalism.

Every other rumour is pointing towards it being made by Motorola.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

I wonder if some of you guys can comment on this. Will the transition from a 32 bit architecture (Nexus 5) to a potential 64 bit architecture (possibly Nexus 6) be problematic for Nexus 5 owners when it comes to future software updates, also considering software updates beyond Android L?

If they make a Nexus 6, I hope that they do not let a bigger screen size be the main differentiating factor between it and the Nexus 5. Instead of mindlessly increasing the screen size each time, the goal should be to create an overall upgraded device. A bigger screen compared to the predecessor is not a necessary specification for a new device. Isn't it about time someone made a 4.5"-4.7" size flagship phone? 5" is the absolute limit for me. Anything bigger and there is no way ever I could fit it in my pocket, let alone use it with one hand. At that point, it becomes a hassle to use in which case there is no point in even owning it.

Global Posts
    11,648 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Marute View Post
    I wonder if some of you guys can comment on this. Will the transition from a 32 bit architecture (Nexus 5) to a potential 64 bit architecture (possibly Nexus 6) be problematic for Nexus 5 owners when it comes to future software updates, also considering software updates beyond Android L?
    There shouldn't be any issues with "backwards" compatibility.
    A895 and Marute like this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12