Upcoming Nexus phone?

Nabooy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Is there really going to be a new Nexus phone or not at all? Because my N5 is heavily damaged and I'm thinking of getting a new one. Shall I get it or wait for the next device?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have no insider information at all, but based on prior releases and the pace of rumors and leaks associated with them, I'd guess that we won't see a new Nexus/Silver phone until early 2015. But I could be wrong.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Since so much is guesswork, we might as well guess away. My money is on Google staying with LG for any Nexus 6 in the offing, since they've done the job so well with the N4 and N5. It'll be based on the G3, stripped of a few features, but retaining the 1440p display, and available cheaper than the G3 which itself is relatively low-priced. Of course it will run Android L. So, the N6 will be to the G3 as the N5 was to the G2. It will be with us sooner than we expect.

Of course, when I say my money is on the above, I am lying.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sounds good to me!

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

BTuck123

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
It's very likely that a nexus 8 will be released in autumn with android L, so either the nexus 6 will be released alongside it or in spring 2015 with the next android version. If in next spring it may be a silver device.

Nabooy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
So I guess I'll get another new N5 until the 6 is released as it will take quite some time or to be announced at least.

macroguy07

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Now I am reading that it will be Motorola that will make the Nexus 6 and it will be a 5.9" model with Android L.

Not sure I would want a 5.9" phone as my daily driver.

blackguard

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I'd write that rumor off as false. The nexus phones are intended to give a pure Google interface not just for independent devs but Google themselves to have hardware to test on. I can't see them using a display so much larger than the average.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd write that rumor off as false. The nexus phones are intended to give a pure Google interface not just for independent devs but Google themselves to have hardware to test on. I can't see them using a display so much larger than the average.
Of course you would write it off because you probably don't want a big screen. I for one welcome it. There's more basis to this than previous ones. Plus whose to say there wont be two phones?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Of course you would write it off because you probably don't want a big screen. I for one welcome it. There's more basis to this than previous ones. Plus whose to say there wont be two phones?

Possibly two phones...that's a good point.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci