09-25-2014 10:40 AM
258 ... 91011
tools
    1. i think happyasian briefly saw an actual ~5.2" display Nexus X and mistook it to be closer to 6".
    2. with history as my guide i think the Nexus X will be a sister of the Moto X 2014 and thus be closer to 5.2".
    3. i would really love a 6" Nexus X if they could keep the bezel small enough to make it practical but i don't think we'll see a 6" in 2014.
    4. i will probably stick with my Nexus 5 if the X is only 5.2" and there are no other groundbreaking must-have features. i'll then upgrade to the next Nexus in October 2015.
    lol

I see what you did there... again
    09-23-2014 07:40 AM
    Shamu is one of my friend's nickname!
    09-23-2014 09:49 AM
    So the Motorola Droid Turbo has leaked: Motorola's new Droid Turbo says hello in leaked photos

5.2" display (possibly at 2560 x 1440), Snapdragon 805 processor, 3gb ram and 32gb storage. These specs seem to line up with the previous Nexus X leaks a while ago.

So could be possible that this Droid Turbo is the base device that the Nexus X will be built off? It seems plausible to me.

Also the Moto S is supposed to be a 5.9" device, with pretty much the same specs as this Droid Turbo, so that could also be the base device the Nexus is built off. Could possibly be seeing 2 different sized Nexus phones, seemingly with pretty powerful specs.

Just wondering what sized battery the Droid Turbo and Moto S have.
    09-23-2014 05:17 PM
    The only thing I don't like about the rumored specs is the lack of a 64GB version! What's up with that!?
    09-23-2014 06:35 PM
    So the Motorola Droid Turbo has leaked: Motorola's new Droid Turbo says hello in leaked photos

5.2" display (possibly at 2560 x 1440), Snapdragon 805 processor, 3gb ram and 32gb storage. These specs seem to line up with the previous Nexus X leaks a while ago.

So could be possible that this Droid Turbo is the base device that the Nexus X will be built off? It seems plausible to me.

Also the Moto S is supposed to be a 5.9" device, with pretty much the same specs as this Droid Turbo, so that could also be the base device the Nexus is built off. Could possibly be seeing 2 different sized Nexus phones, seemingly with pretty powerful specs.

Just wondering what sized battery the Droid Turbo and Moto S have.
    6" Moto S + Nexus X = sisters? i hope so.

Nexus X (aka Nexus 6) rumor round-up: features, specs, price and release date

BUT - the LG G2 was launched on September 18, 2013. its sister the Nexus 5 was launched on October 31, 2013. i think the older sisters of the Nexus devices in the past were always released a month or two before the Nexus sister - as the Nexus always had an ever so slightly dated spec. it was never a near a close simultaneous launch and the Nexus never came first - which means whatever Nexus X will be based on should already be out - unless it's not and this theory is completely wrong.
    RealDogBoy likes this.
    09-23-2014 08:47 PM
    The only thing I don't like about the rumored specs is the lack of a 64GB version! What's up with that!?
    hello PalmOS old timer. you want 64GB? remember the days when our old Palm V's had a whole 2MB of storage?

use the cloud!
    09-23-2014 08:50 PM
    i repeat - a 5.2" display is not going to be a worthy upgrade for me coming from a current ~5" Nexus 5. especially given the fact that the Nexus 5 is pretty much guaranteed to get Android L so we will get most if not all of the new OS goodies and efficiencies. it will almost be like getting a new phone anyway - which is the beauty of the Nexus program and fast OS updates. i really need a ~6" display to make it worth my while. a spec bump and maybe some front speakers don't cut it.
    09-23-2014 09:14 PM
    props to the happyasian!!!
    GTvert90 likes this.
    09-25-2014 10:40 AM
258 ... 91011