Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 258
Like Tree49Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie317 View Post
    Maybe they just leave the Nexus 5 alone and on the market along side a Nexus 6 and a new tablet.... It's not like the Nexus 5 in it's current form is an old worn out device... It's still way closer to the top of the eco system than it is to the bottom
    Precisely my thought.
    Robbie317 likes this.
  2. #27  

    Default Re: Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

    Something not mentioned is the rumored size of the Shamu device at 5.9"...that would fall perfectly in line with a Nexus 6 and how Google has named their devices over the past couple of years. See: Nexus 5, 7 (2012 and 2013), Nexus 10.
  3. #28  
    thebizz's Avatar
    phone addict

    Posts
    3,598 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,825 Global Posts
    Carrier
    mean

    Default Re: Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

    I'm looking forward to this phone. Just wondering why everyone automatically writes off the nvidia k1 Denver as a possible cpu for this phone. I would love to see it utilized
  4. #29  

    Default Re: Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

    I think this makes a lot of sense. Even though it has made android news a little less exciting it is kind of nice that the need to upgrade every year to stay on top of performance is waning. I could easily see being satisfied with my Nexus 5 for another year (as long as the battery holds up...)

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #30  

    Default Re: Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturn1217 View Post
    I think this makes a lot of sense. Even though it has made android news a little less exciting it is kind of nice that the need to upgrade every year to stay on top of performance is waning. I could easily see being satisfied with my Nexus 5 for another year (as long as the battery holds up...)

    Posted via Android Central App
    I haven't had to try it on mine but iFixIt.com says that it's not that difficult to replace the N5's battery.
  6. #31  

    Default Re: Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

    If a 5.9" Nexus 6 turns out to be well reviewed and in the $400 range I may have trouble resisting.

    I'd keep my N5 for times when I don't have a big enough pocket for the N6.
  7. #32  
    PAC757's Avatar

    Posts
    427 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

    Was and am really looking forward to the next Nexus, was hoping it wasn't just going to be an LG G3 copy, Motorola based Nexus sounds great.... All except for the 5.9" screen. I was all excited till I saw that, would love this phone with these specs by with a 5.2"- 5.5" screen. 5.9" is a little to big to carry around for daily use, a co- worker of mine has a Nokia 1520, 6" screen it just is to big, he's sorry he bought it, and to be honest it just looks silly when he is using it as a phone, plus a pain to carry around all day.

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #33  

    Default Re: Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

    Quote Originally Posted by PAC757 View Post
    Was and am really looking forward to the next Nexus, was hoping it wasn't just going to be an LG G3 copy, Motorola based Nexus sounds great.... All except for the 5.9" screen. I was all excited till I saw that, would love this phone with these specs by with a 5.2"- 5.5" screen. 5.9" is a little to big to carry around for daily use, a co- worker of mine has a Nokia 1520, 6" screen it just is to big, he's sorry he bought it, and to be honest it just looks silly when he is using it as a phone, plus a pain to carry around all day.

    Posted via Android Central App
    A lot of people like big phones and guess what? It sells. Look around....I see tons of people looking ''silly'' with their big phones. This fall, I'm going to look very ''silly'' when I get this and be proud of it.
    Scott7217 likes this.
  9. #34  

    Default Re: Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

    Have no problem with a 5.9" phone that said I do hope the next Nexus 6 has 2 screen size options if that is the case. Totally get that people want a phone that big, however for your everyday user 5.9" is massive.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

    Default Re: Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

    If this is the Nexus 6, I hope there's a new Nexus 4 as well.
    ChuckG73 likes this.
  11. #36  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    30,405 Posts
    Global Posts
    30,896 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Is this is the Nexus 6, I hope there's a new Nexus 4 as well.
    I think that would be a good idea. Even a 4.7 Nexus.

    Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App
    cellomj and Scott7217 like this.
  12. #37  

    Default Re: Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Is this is the Nexus 6, I hope there's a new Nexus 4 as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I think that would be a good idea. Even a 4.7 Nexus.

    Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App
    I definitely like that idea, too!
  13. #38  

    Default Re: Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

    Quote Originally Posted by RealDogBoy View Post
    I'd keep my N5 for times when I don't have a big enough pocket for the N6.
    This is excellent advice. The Nexus 5 is still a great phone, and it doesn't become obsolete the minute Google releases a new Nexus phone.

    If people don't want a bigger phone, they shouldn't buy one. We'll probably have lots of choices if we look at the Nexus line, Google Play editions, Android Silver, and Project Ara. Hopefully there will be a size for everyone.
  14. #39  

    Default Re: Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

    Hopefully they'll maintain a reasonably sized Nexus phone, but if they don't then I'll buy a Nexus5 and give the wife my Nexus4. I can't say I feel any motivation to upgrade from my Nexus4, but this year I'm decommissioning my wife's 3GS whether she wants me to or not.
  15. #40  

    Default Re: Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

    With my aging eyes, the possibility of a 6in Nexus is interesting.....
  16. #41  

    Default Re: Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMusic View Post
    With my aging eyes, the possibility of a 6in Nexus is interesting.....
    For me it's my thumbs. It's always a struggle to tap out text.

    I think the original iPhone (3.5") was designed for a petite woman with dainty little thumbs.
  17. #42  

    Default Re: Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

    Quote Originally Posted by RealDogBoy View Post
    I think the original iPhone (3.5") was designed for a petite woman with dainty little thumbs.
    I thought it was............OOOPPPPS!
  18. #43  

    Default Re: Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

    If there is an updated Nexus 5/4/7/whatever, I also hope there's a battery upgrade as well. I'd love to see 3000 mAh, but I'm doubtful.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

    Default Re: Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

    XT1078?
  20. #45  

    Default Re: Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    XT1078?
    OK, I'll bite. What does that mean?

    I tried a search -- but nothing popped up that seemed to be on topic.
  21. #46  

    Default Re: Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    XT1078?
    Do tell.
  22. #47  

    Default Re: Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

    A quick scrape of the internet shows that XT1078 could well be the model number for a Motorola....Ry is probably suggesting that this is the name of the device's model number.

    I've got a Nexus 4, I've had it for about two year and it works very well.But after two years I'm looking about for an upgrade - as we do. Truth be told, other than battery life after two years of being charged, I've no real need to upgrade the Nexus 4 it runs Android 4.4.4 really nicely (Good for me!). So while I think it is a little exciting to talk about a Nexus 6, the truth is, is that unless Google release a version 5 (or a step change from Android 4) there is not the compelling reason for me to upgrade. If I buy a Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Z2 or Oppo Find 7 etc...they'll all be shipped with 4.4, as will the Nexus 6. Great another 2 years with the same ROM.
  23. #48  

    Default Re: Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

    Ummm I think it's safe to say the next Nexus will not ship with 4.4 lol.
  24. #49  

    Default Re: Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

    Quote Originally Posted by sparksy01 View Post
    A quick scrape of the internet shows that XT1078 could well be the model number for a Motorola....Ry is probably suggesting that this is the name of the device's model number.

    I've got a Nexus 4, I've had it for about two year and it works very well.But after two years I'm looking about for an upgrade - as we do. Truth be told, other than battery life after two years of being charged, I've no real need to upgrade the Nexus 4 it runs Android 4.4.4 really nicely (Good for me!). So while I think it is a little exciting to talk about a Nexus 6, the truth is, is that unless Google release a version 5 (or a step change from Android 4) there is not the compelling reason for me to upgrade. If I buy a Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Z2 or Oppo Find 7 etc...they'll all be shipped with 4.4, as will the Nexus 6. Great another 2 years with the same ROM.
    Thanks, I did a Google search on XT 1078 and all the entries on the first page seemed unrelated to the topic.

    If you like your N4 except for the worn out battery you could replace the battery -- according to IFixIt.com, it's not too hard.
  25. #50  

    Default Re: Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

    IMO 5.9" is too big. ill pass if its that big. honestly my g2 is the perfect size.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tripping Knox by edited build.prop?
    By xmguy1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 Rooting, ROMs & Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-17-2014, 12:22 PM

Posting Permissions