Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

PFKMan23

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
If there is an updated Nexus 5/4/7/whatever, I also hope there's a battery upgrade as well. I'd love to see 3000 mAh, but I'm doubtful.

sparksy01

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
A quick scrape of the internet shows that XT1078 could well be the model number for a Motorola....Ry is probably suggesting that this is the name of the device's model number.

I've got a Nexus 4, I've had it for about two year and it works very well.But after two years I'm looking about for an upgrade - as we do. Truth be told, other than battery life after two years of being charged, I've no real need to upgrade the Nexus 4 it runs Android 4.4.4 really nicely (Good for me!). So while I think it is a little exciting to talk about a Nexus 6, the truth is, is that unless Google release a version 5 (or a step change from Android 4) there is not the compelling reason for me to upgrade. If I buy a Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Z2 or Oppo Find 7 etc...they'll all be shipped with 4.4, as will the Nexus 6. Great another 2 years with the same ROM.

RealDogBoy

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
A quick scrape of the internet shows that XT1078 could well be the model number for a Motorola....Ry is probably suggesting that this is the name of the device's model number.

I've got a Nexus 4, I've had it for about two year and it works very well.But after two years I'm looking about for an upgrade - as we do. Truth be told, other than battery life after two years of being charged, I've no real need to upgrade the Nexus 4 it runs Android 4.4.4 really nicely (Good for me!). So while I think it is a little exciting to talk about a Nexus 6, the truth is, is that unless Google release a version 5 (or a step change from Android 4) there is not the compelling reason for me to upgrade. If I buy a Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Z2 or Oppo Find 7 etc...they'll all be shipped with 4.4, as will the Nexus 6. Great another 2 years with the same ROM.

Thanks, I did a Google search on XT 1078 and all the entries on the first page seemed unrelated to the topic. :(

If you like your N4 except for the worn out battery you could replace the battery -- according to IFixIt.com, it's not too hard.

nathan carter

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm a fan. A real fan. A real google fan would see what is coming. HTC is the maker of the new nexus. Android L is the beginning of a new android. With that new beginning will come a 64 bit processor and 4 GB of ram. It takes a lot to mask the truth but google is very good at its job. Truth is...shamu is being resurrected. The HTC L One will be the first android L device. Its been in front of us the whole time. The Dream is still alive.... HTC nexus once again. Its all proven with the tablet leak. The g3 and x+1 just distractions from the truth.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm a fan. A real fan. A real google fan would see what is coming. HTC is the maker of the new nexus. Android L is the beginning of a new android. With that new beginning will come a 64 bit processor and 4 GB of ram. It takes a lot to mask the truth but google is very good at its job. Truth is...shamu is being resurrected. The HTC L One will be the first android L device. Its been in front of us the whole time. The Dream is still alive.... HTC nexus once again. Its all proven with the tablet leak. The g3 and x+1 just distractions from the truth.

Pinch me if I'm awake

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

LOL I enjoyed reading that. Would love a HTC made Nexus phone again, especially with HTC's stellar hardware design capabilities that we've seen from the One M7 and M8.

But it seems like this 5.9" Motorola Nexus might be the case. The story behind it kind of makes sense (Google wanted a Motorola Nexus device, however would have been accused of favouritism seeing as they owned Moto, but now they've sold off to Lenovo, so the project can happen) and it'd be nice for another OEM aside from LG to make a Nexus phone. We've had HTC once, Samsung twice, LG twice, now would be nice for someone else.

However if the rumours are true; that's an extremely large screen. Don't know if it would be too big for me (it may be) so I'd have to play test it before committing to purchasing it. The LG G3 is about the max size phone I'd want to go, and the G3 has extremely slim bezels on a 5.5" screen. Not sure if a 5.9" screen is what I'd be after.

It's an interesting rumour nevertheless, and I'm excited to see what does (or doesn't...) eventually pan out.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Hands on with shamu today. Absolutely massive. It will definitely be the best built nexus yet. Design wise, it's pretty much a bigger x+1 but with not as good materials (no metal edge), and stereo speakers.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
A 5.9 inch screen is too big for me. It would be almost like holding my Nexus 7 to my ear to make a call. Besides my buddy I make fun of the size of his Samsung Note 3 with a 5.7" screen would never let me forget all the jokes I made about him taking a call with a surfboard to his ear.

JulesJam

Banned
Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
but with not as good materials (no metal edge), and stereo speakers.
which has the stereo speakers - the x+1 or the nexus?

As for the metal edge, I had a verizon moto x dev ed, and the feel in the hand was phenomenal. When the unlock codes became available from china for the verizon motomaker phones, I ordered a wood backed moto x with the metal edge. I have to say the metal edge does not feel anywhere near as nice in the hand as the plastic.

I keep my phone in a case so it doesn't bother me, but then again, I can't see the wood back thru the case so not sure why I bothered to get the wood back, lol!

I made money off of the switch due to the promos that were running at the time so it's all good. And in the rare instances when I take my phone out of the case, people always remark how beautiful it is!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz