Will this be the nexus 6 specs

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Recently came across this article
Nexus 6 | Release date, specs and features - PC Advisor
http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-shamu-rumored-be-nexus-6

Nexus 6: Specs

According to the*International Business Times*the Nexus 6 is expected to be built by LG. The website also suggests that the Nexus 6 will be largely built on the designs of the 2014 LG flagship smartphone the*LG G3.

However, despite being sold to Lenovo, Motorola is thought to be a possible partner for the Nexus 6 - codenamed 'Shamu' - according to*Android Police. The site says it will have a phablet sized 5.9in screen and will arrive in November.

IBT reports that the Nexus 6 will be based on the following specs:

•** *5.5in QHD display
•** *1440x2560 resolution (534ppi)
•** *Octa-core MediaTek processor
•** *64-bit processor
•** *Fingerprint scanner
•** *IP67-certified dust-proof and water-resistant device

Will this be the nexus 6 specs?
What do u think?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
What do u think?

I think 5.5" is too large for a phone.
I think 6.0" is way too large for a phone.
I think even 1080P resolution is beyond overkill for a handheld device.
I think 64 bit processor on a phone imparts zero benefits.
I think even a 4 core processor is pretty much overkill on a phone.
I think that handing over your fingerprints to Google is a bad idea.

But water resistant is good!

I would much rather see a Nexus 5-2 with the same display, , same size and weight, same wireless charging, similar camera BUT with double the battery life, stereo speakers (one on each side when landscape), updated CPU, and double the storage (64GB).

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I think 5.5" is too large for a phone.
I think 6.0" is way too large for a phone.
I think even 1080P resolution is beyond overkill for a handheld device.
I think 64 bit processor on a phone imparts zero benefits.
I think even a 4 core processor is pretty much overkill on a phone.
I think that handing over your fingerprints to Google is a bad idea.

But water resistant is good!

5.5 isnt bad its a decent size specialy if u have an lg g3 lg putting this big screen in a good size phone is decent but yes i agree on 64 bit processor.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
5.5 isnt bad its a decent size specialy if u have an lg g3 lg putting this big screen in a good size phone is decent but yes i agree on 64 bit processor.

Sorry, I added more, above, after I posted :)
I simply don't want or need a phone larger than 5". The "normal" size of high-end phones has been creeping up year after year and there has to be a line somewhere. I draw it at 5". I have used bigger devices and I just don't like them. If I wanted to carry around a tablet, then fine, I could do that. But my phone doesn't need to have a 5.5, 6, 6.5, or 7" screen.

I have nothing against the manufacture of a large-screen phones... but I do have a problem when it means that we can no longer get reasonable sized phones anymore... and that is what is happening. I don't want a crappy low-end device because marketing drones wantsto follow the "let's add 0.25 inches to the screen each year" game, thinking that people who want high-end phones MUST have larger and larger screens. The "mini" versions we have seen so far on every model has been an inferior product compared to the mega version.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
This is a development platform so Google has to have a 64bit phone if they want to make android fully 64bit compatible. I hope they don't use the mediatek processor since I've heard more bad than good about their chips.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It definitely won't be using a MediaTek CPU. Or any 8-Core CPU for that matter.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

RealDogBoy

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I think the bit about LG making the N6 is probably outdated -- the IBT article may have been written before LG issued a pretty specific statement that they weren't working on a new Nexus phone.

I'd love having a waterproof phone and the 5.9" size doesn't put me off. I like the biggest phone that I can carry without too much trouble -- so I'll keep my N5 so I can use that if I don't have a big pocket for the N6.

A 64-bit CPU seems like overkill (and a temptation to developers to really use all that power -- resulting in battery drain.)

Remember how quickly the iOS fingerprint scanner got hacked? I'll bet Google doesn't do much better. I don't think biometric ID tech is ready for prime time on mobile.

Edit: it would be a huge mistake for Google to make the N6 as their only phone. But I'll bet they continue the N5.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I think the bit about LG making the N6 is probably outdated -- the IBT article may have been written before LG issued a pretty specific statement that they weren't working on a new Nexus phone.

I'd love having a waterproof phone and the 5.9" size doesn't put me off. I like the biggest phone that I can carry without too much trouble -- so I'll keep my N5 so I can use that if I don't have a big pocket for the N6.

A 64-bit CPU seems like overkill (and a temptation to developers to really use all that power -- resulting in battery drain.)

Remember how quickly the iOS fingerprint scanner got hacked? I'll bet Google doesn't do much better. I don't think biometric ID tech is ready for prime time on mobile.

Edit: it would be a huge mistake for Google to make the N6 as their only phone. But I'll bet they continue the N5.

Motorola Shamu rumored to be the Nexus 6 | Android Central

BTuck123

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Recently came across this article
Nexus 6 | Release date, specs and features - PC Advisor
Motorola Shamu rumored to be the Nexus 6 | Android Central

Nexus 6: Specs

According to the*International Business Times*the Nexus 6 is expected to be built by LG. The website also suggests that the Nexus 6 will be largely built on the designs of the 2014 LG flagship smartphone the*LG G3.

However, despite being sold to Lenovo, Motorola is thought to be a possible partner for the Nexus 6 - codenamed 'Shamu' - according to*Android Police. The site says it will have a phablet sized 5.9in screen and will arrive in November.

IBT reports that the Nexus 6 will be based on the following specs:

•** *5.5in QHD display
•** *1440x2560 resolution (534ppi)
•** *Octa-core MediaTek processor
•** *64-bit processor
•** *Fingerprint scanner
•** *IP67-certified dust-proof and water-resistant device

Will this be the nexus 6 specs?
What do u think?

I think a 64-bit processor is definite - I see no point in showcasing a 64-bit compatible version of android with a 32- bit processor. Either mediatek or the Snapdragon 810 therefore seems likely.
I think to continue following the average of new flagships they will use a 5.2" screen, to save on battery life I'd expect an FHD screen rather than QHD, and 3GB RAM seems fair.
A finger print scanner would be useful if they allow you to pay directly through Google Wallet, they don't in the UK yet so I'm not bothered.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
think a 64-bit processor is definite - I see no point in showcasing a 64-bit compatible version of android with a 32- bit processor. Either mediatek or the Snapdragon 810 therefore seems likely.
The 805 isn't even on any flagships in the US yet. I don't see them skipping it entirely and going to the 808 or 810.
Highly doubt it'll be MediaTek either...

BTuck123

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
The 805 isn't even on any flagships in the US yet. I don't see them skipping it entirely and going to the 808 or 810.
Highly doubt it'll be MediaTek either...

The 810 is supposedly coming out very early next year, so if the Nexus 6 comes out in February that would work out. The 805 may be on the Note 4, G3 Prime and Z4 anyway.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The 810 is supposedly coming out very early next year, so if the Nexus 6 comes out in February that would work out. The 805 may be on the Note 4, G3 Prime and Z4 anyway.
Yeah, but they have released the Nexus phone in October/November for the past few years. They're almost surely going to do the same this year....

BTuck123

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, but they have released the Nexus phone in October/November for the past few years. They're almost surely going to do the same this year....

There have been reports that it will be the first Android Silver device in February, and a nexus 8 wikk be released this autumn. It's a possibility.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
There have been reports that it will be the first Android Silver device in February, and a nexus 8 wikk be released this autumn. It's a possibility.
If it's an Android silver device then it is not the Nexus phone for this year. Always take the rumors with a grain of salt. The Nexus line was rumored to be done after the N5 but we now know that's not true.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site

The LG denials mean absolutely nothing; they said similar things last year up until around the time the Nexus 5 was leaked.

macroguy07

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I once owned a LG Optimus Pro which was a 5.5" phone, but a nice phone overall. A little bit large , that is why I down sized to the 5" Nexus 5.

mac227

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
What is the expected price point upon release for the lowest model nexus 6 ?

Wasnt the 16gb nexus 5 $399 on launch last year? It seems like it would be hard for them to keep that price point if they are going with those speculated specs in OP