Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Like Tree76Likes

ROM
    Lollipop 5.0

Default Re: Benchmarks show Google Shamu as Snapdragon 805-powered, 5.2" 1440

Quote Originally Posted by I Can Be Your Hero View Post
    A pretty good track record?

TK came out first with the news of the Motorola Luge, had the specs, release date and everything and they were 100% spot on with it. Can't make that stuff up, so I'm inclined to believe TK Tech News when they post something.
    He totally blew it on the Moto X. His "exclusive" pics showed what looked like the old Moto X in a plastic bag, he claimed Moto Maker was an AT&T exclusive like last year, and he showed a screen protector that looked more like the Moto G than the X. No, he was not accurate with the Moto X, so I'm not inclined to believe anything he says these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Coyote View Post
    He totally blew it on the Moto X. His "exclusive" pics showed what looked like the old Moto X in a plastic bag, he claimed Moto Maker was an AT&T exclusive like last year, and he showed a screen protector that looked more like the Moto G than the X. No, he was not accurate with the Moto X, so I'm not inclined to believe anything he says these days.
    He admitted he has stuff wrong. Like the back button. But can you currently get moto maker on Verizon? The only carrier that officially has moto maker right now is att. Yes you can also get the pure edition but att still is the only carrier with moto maker

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Coyote View Post
    That's the nature of leaks, some stuff will be wrong. However he's certainly been right on a lot of things, and got the clearest images of the Moto X 2014, better than anyone else. And the AT&T thing was the only telco known to offer Moto Maker, only later on did Verizon jump on board.

Again, he was spot on with the Motorola Luge. Got everything 100% correct with that, and that was something no one had leaked/predicted at all. So he clearly has some insider feeding him info.

He and Android Police are the only ones leaking reliable info at the moment. Evleaks has retired and imo TK Tech News has taken his place. Only issue is that TK's leaks seem very Motorola specific, and not much info about other OEM's. Probably just because his source is in Moto and doesn't have sources in other companies.

Global Posts
    7,228 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by I Can Be Your Hero View Post
    Evleaks has retired and imo TK Tech News has taken his place.
    I know we used to make fun of Evan's reliability too.. but they're not even in the same city, let alone the same ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkyape View Post
    Better versions of the pics have been posted here:
    Ny Nexus | Swedroid

It doesn't look like a photoshopped pic of moto x, there are too many differences in the details (like no bottom speaker thingy) - my guess is that it's a wishful render by an amateur. But I hope it's just an early basic render of a real upcoming Nexus.....i'm not getting my hopes up though....

Attachment 135826

Attachment 135827

Attachment 135828

Edit: The original poster says further down in the thread that He found the pics in the comments (a Disqus thread) on this page:
    Motorola introducerar nya Moto X - Swedroid
    where the poster writes:

"En polare på motorola i usa skickade några screens på en mobil dom jobbar på , den ska tydligen vara nästan samma fast lite större batteri"

I'll translate it for you:

"A pal at motorola in the us send a few screens of a phone they're working on, it's supposedly almost the same (as the moto x) but with a larger battery"

hm.........
    i don't mind that render other than the ugly huge moto symbol. that's basically the moto x so i call BS.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

I'll take happysaiyan for Motorola leaks over these new guys.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #132  

ROM
    KK+Xposed+GB+Franco=Win

Hey mate just dropping in to say you were obviously right all along! First Nexus since the S I'm not going to buy on launch day. Have to physically hold that beast before I buy it. My N5 is a beast so I may just keep it, get a smartwatch, and the N9 instead. I don't exactly talk on the phone off of BT very often so if it's pocketable I may sell the N7 and go with the N6/9 combo. We'll see. I won't doubt your Moto connection going forward! Cheers.
    Thanked by:
    happasaiyan and dankev like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,696 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ConTejas View Post
    Hey mate just dropping in to say you were obviously right all along! First Nexus since the S I'm not going to buy on launch day. Have to physically hold that beast before I buy it. My N5 is a beast so I may just keep it, get a smartwatch, and the N9 instead. I don't exactly talk on the phone off of BT very often so if it's pocketable I may sell the N7 and go with the N6/9 combo. We'll see. I won't doubt your Moto connection going forward! Cheers.
    This thread was hilarious to read, thanks for the laughs!

Posted via the Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by ConTejas View Post

...awaiting the deed to your farm...
    ConTejas likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,696 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by happasaiyan View Post

...awaiting the deed to your farm...
    LOL!

Posted via the Android Central App
    ConTejas likes this.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456