Benchmarks show Google Shamu as Snapdragon 805-powered, 5.2" 1440

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

PFKMan23

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
re: Benchmarks show Google Shamu as Snapdragon 805-powered, 5.2" 1440

While I want to believe it, at this point my head is spinning so I'll just wait for the google announcement. Hopefullt it happens by mid October. If the 5.2" rumor is true, it'll be interesting to see the differences between this and the X+1 which is also supposedly a 5.2" device (abet with rumored lesser specs).

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

These totally disagree with the specs that the same site just reported. Screen size and resolution, processor and software all disagree.

Nexus through spacetime. Android Central Moderator.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

The Moto N6 is definitely not 5.2"

I would say it's just about 6". It's massive.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

The Moto N6 is definitely not 5.2"

I would say it's just about 6". It's massive.

Do you have anything better than this Antutu benchmark to support that? Why on earth would you think the next Nexus phone is 6"?! I'll bet you the entire farm that doesn't happen;)

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

These totally disagree with the specs that the same site just reported. Screen size and resolution, processor and software all disagree.

Nexus through spacetime. Android Central Moderator.

Today is a new day my friend. It's now being reported "this way" on dozens of sites. I just sourced the one I first used. I don't see how anyone remotely familiar with Google Nexus would think the next Nexus would make a HUGE jump from a 4.95" to a 5.9" screen. I still doubt it will be a Moto/Lenovo made device. I still believe LG will make it and it will be based on the G3 (the newest Korean G3 w/ 805 that is) with a slightly smaller screen/footprint just like the N5 was to the G2. 5.2" QHD fits that logic perfectly.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

Do you have anything better than this Antutu benchmark to support that? Why on earth would you think the next Nexus phone is 6"?! I'll bet you the entire farm that doesn't happen;)
Yes. My eyes.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

Today is a new day my friend. It's now being reported "this way" on dozens of sites. I just sourced the one I first used. I don't see how anyone remotely familiar with Google Nexus would think the next Nexus would make a HUGE jump from a 4.95" to a 5.9" screen. I still doubt it will be a Moto/Lenovo made device. I still believe LG will make it and it will be based on the G3 (the newest Korean G3 w/ 805 that is) with a slightly smaller screen/footprint just like the N5 was to the G2. 5.2" QHD fits that logic perfectly.
Sorry to burst your bubble. It's going to be a Moto. And it's massive.

JulesJam

Banned
Aug 9, 2014
Visit site

I am pretty sure he is an insider. And if he is not and I am being fooled, well first world problems, huh?

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

I am pretty sure he is an insider. And if he is not and I am being fooled, well first world problems, huh?
I wouldn't really call myself an insider. haha. I just have a friend who works for Motorola and knows I'm a huge tech geek, so he lets me check out all the new hotness.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Sorry to burst your bubble. It's going to be a Moto. And it's massive.

Ohhhh riiiight you've held it. Oh and it's on Verizon, too?! Forgive me for not believing you...at all. Please feel free to expand on your personal encounter in some way that should be taken any more seriously than my opinion. I have no insider information, but I've had every Nexus device (sans N10 sadly), sift through all of the rumors almost daily, and that's plenty for me to call BS on your claim. There may very well be a 5.9" Moto device, but it's not going to be the next Nexus or they're making 3 devices (phone, phablet, tablet). There is literally no need for a phablet sized reference device from a developer standpoint, so why would Google make one? Just another vanilla Android form factor with a larger screen? That's what GPE devices are for (and soon Android Silver). They don't undercut Google's OEM partners.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

Ohhhh riiiight you've held it. Oh and it's on Verizon, too?! Forgive me for not believing you...at all. Please feel free to expand on your personal encounter in some way that should be taken any more seriously than my opinion. I have no insider information, but I've had every Nexus device (sans N10 sadly), sift through all of the rumors almost daily, and that's plenty for me to call BS on your claim. There may very well be a 5.9" Moto device, but it's not going to be the next Nexus or they're making 3 devices (phone, phablet, tablet). There is literally no need for a phablet sized reference device from a developer standpoint, so why would Google make one? Just another vanilla Android form factor with a larger screen? That's what GPE devices are for (and soon Android Silver). They don't undercut Google's OEM partners.
:) Ok, buddy. It's your choice to believe me or not. No skin off my back if you don't.

Oh and btw, how much is your farm worth?

JulesJam

Banned
Aug 9, 2014
Visit site

or they're making 3 devices (phone, phablet, tablet).
why isn't this believable to you? If the phablet has a stylus (which neither a phone nor a table has) then there is a need for developers to have a phablet to develop stylus apps and/or incorporate the use of a stylus into their apps.

JulesJam

Banned
Aug 9, 2014
Visit site

They don't undercut Google's OEM partners.
Samsung is Google's largest OEM partner and the relationship between the two can hardly be considered a good one. Google bought motorola to get the patents so they could force samsung to behave better. Google's relationship with Samsung is not exactly your typical relationship between business partners.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

why isn't this believable to you? If the phablet has a stylus (which neither a phone nor a table has) then there is a need for developers to have a phablet to develop stylus apps and/or incorporate the use of a stylus into their apps.
N6 doesn't have a stylus currently. That's not to say they won't add one, but I would think that's highly unlikely.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

:) Ok, buddy. It's your choice to believe me or not. No skin off my back if you don't.

Oh and btw, how much is your farm worth?

Ha ok fair enough bud. Agree to disagree and we'll see how it all shakes out later this year. The farm is worth more than the barn! Cheers mate:cool:

Julesjam - It's very easy not to believe. I base my future predictions off of historical events and logic. All of which would lead one to believe the 5.2" QHD device in the Antutu benchmark above is a lot more likely to be the Nexus 6 or Google Shamu (not Moto mind you...that was pieced together in other "leaks"). The Notes have sold a few million devices, BUT it is very much still a niche market. Nexus phones are reference devices for the many millions of ~5" screen that dominate flagship sales. Last but not least, if I had a nickel for every man or woman that claims to have seen, used, or knew someone who knew someone else that somehow had non-public information about a device yet to be released...that turned out to be ENTIRELY false...I'd be worth a whole lot more nickels:D