Nexus 6 = Nexus X? (= Moto X(ish))?

GSOAT

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm still batting around ideas for my next phone- my AT&T/iPhone 5 contract cannot end soon enough- and I have another question for you Android-savvy folks out there: If, as seems to be rumored, Motorola would make the Nexus 6, would we have any right to expect a lot of the cool Motorola features like the hand gestures and voice recognition? Just how much of Motorola's own innovations are they likely to lend to the Nexus brand (recognizing that Google owns Motorola now)?

I'm half inclined to get a Moto X from everything I've seen- except the battery life, which is disappointing. The Droid Maxx sounds amazing (battery life problem solved!), but I have AT&T, so I'm stuck (would have to surrender my grandfathered-in unlimited data plan to switch to Verizon). So I'm hoping that the Nexus has some of those Moto features, a good battery, a good camera, and expandable storage would be nice...

AndroidIsMyThing

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to break it to you, but the nexus x or s or 6 or whatever you want to call it probably won't have the moto apps, because Google is pretty strict with what apps are on the nexus devices. Also, I think Google sold motorola to another company recently.

I wouldn't be surprised however if the new nexus 6 had some apps like moto assist, voice and active display. I definitely recommend waiting for the nexus 6 before purchasing your new phone, because it is supposed to be a beast even without the moto apps.