Google Nexus 6 on Verizon

mh1781

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I read online somewhere that verizon was a month late on releasing their gnex. It's been over a full month for the nexus 6 now. Has verizon ever delayed a phone other than one on the nexus line A FULL MONTH.

NYRico#AC

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I have been reading a bit on the subject since ordering a midnight blue 64GB Nexus 6. In getting ready I have ordered a nano sim through verizon, a sim card cutter , and sim adapters. I wanted all bases covered. I figure my last resort is cutting my 2013 Moto X sim down to fit. I bought the adapters because I read that sometime the cut sim doesn't work and I want to be able to put my cut card back into my Moto X. In considering my options I had an idea and wanted to know what people think. Can I take the new Verizon nano sim that I receive , put it in a sim adapter, place it in my 2013 Moto X and activate it in this phone. Once activated I should be able to pop it out of the adapter and put it in the Nexus 6... What say you?

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
ICan I take the new Verizon nano sim that I receive , put it in a sim adapter, place it in my 2013 Moto X and activate it in this phone?

In a word:

Yes.

I took my nano out of an activated Droid Turbo, popped it in, and was up in seconds. Initially, the device was listed in my Google device list as "unknown carrier". In a week or so, it came up as "VZW Nexus 6".

I presume that means that when VoLTE is released by VZW for the 6 I'll receive it along with phones purchased via VZW.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I have been reading a bit on the subject since ordering a midnight blue 64GB Nexus 6. In getting ready I have ordered a nano sim through verizon, a sim card cutter , and sim adapters. I wanted all bases covered. I figure my last resort is cutting my 2013 Moto X sim down to fit. I bought the adapters because I read that sometime the cut sim doesn't work and I want to be able to put my cut card back into my Moto X. In considering my options I had an idea and wanted to know what people think. Can I take the new Verizon nano sim that I receive , put it in a sim adapter, place it in my 2013 Moto X and activate it in this phone. Once activated I should be able to pop it out of the adapter and put it in the Nexus 6... What say you?
Both moto x's use nano sims. No need for cutting or adapters

NYRico#AC

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
GTvert... Thankx, I thought that I read somewhere that the original moto X had a different SIM card, I am relieved to hear this. I should be able to just pop my Moto X (2013 ) SIM in and go. Thank s to Amazon Prime the adapters and cutter can be returned.

reb0957

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
So if I understand correctly the N 5 only has the radio for 1cdma band while the N6 has the radio for all Verizon bands

Posted via the Android Central App

mh1781

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
In a word:

Yes.

I took my nano out of an activated Droid Turbo, popped it in, and was up in seconds. Initially, the device was listed in my Google device list as "unknown carrier". In a week or so, it came up as "VZW Nexus 6".

I presume that means that when VoLTE is released by VZW for the 6 I'll receive it along with phones purchased via VZW.

I meant can anyone confirm that the verizon is recognizing the nexus 6 on the website. Forgot how to quote

Dubbayoo

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I meant can anyone confirm that the verizon is recognizing the nexus 6 on the website. Forgot how to quote
It doesn't but it also doesn't recognize my Moto X if I switch back to that either. It showed the Moto X when Verizon switched me to the Moto X initially.

May 9, 2012
Visit site
It does not recognize the nexus 6. If I pull up my Verizon account both my lines show un unknown device and I get a message saying my Sim card is in a device not recognized by Verizon and some features may not work.

That being said, the phones works fine. No VoLTE HD calling or whatever Verizon is calling it, yet.

mh1781

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm one of those unfortunate people. I am still waiting for verizon to announce the phone. Thought maybe if their website is recognizing the phone it must mean something

reb0957

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Some people are claiming it recognizes there device as a Nexus 6. Both of those people have lost my confidence in anything they post on the Verizon forum. His name is tidbits don't remember the other persons name.

Posted via the Android Central App

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Will the Nexus 6 get an OTA update for Volte if ordered directly from google play ? (Using Veriz

First thing first, so far, I love the Nexus 6 for as long as I've been using it now, & although i was one of many who thought the phone would be too big - wrong, it is perfect, especially for entertainment!!! , now the disappointing part : (

first thing I noticed when using my Nexus 6 while on navigation for the first time is that I couldn't talk & use navigation at the same time .... I thought this was a phone problem, but come to find out, Verizon has a select few phones they have approved for Volte ...something which we take for granted such as using voice & data at the same time, now seems like a luxury!!!

I understand carrier bought nexus 6 will eventually get on OTA update for Volte, but what about the Nexus 6 bought directly from google play, will we get an OTA update for Volte directly from google? ... in addition to using voice & data simultaneously, you will also be able to take advantage of hd calling while talking to other people whose mobile phones are Volte enabled among other things (Verizon & AT&T have partnered in this effort),

also, there are other in depth explanation over the forums & net detailing how different radio frequencies were used to handle voice and data separately, which is why this wasn't issue before, but now that verizon as well as other carriers are moving towards one frequency (which in the long run is an amazing thing) right now, it is an annoying disappointment for owners of new smartphones who aren't able to do something as simple as browse the web/use navigation while making a phone call at the same time ... Thanks in advance for your answers : )
Have you tried using hangouts to voice call? Wondering if I can do that as a work around until something more official comes along...

Hangouts dialing and using data at the same time...

Anyone?

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

How did you get your hands on a nano-sim from Verizon? Is it active now and in a phone?