Will there be two Nexus phones in 2014?

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I keep hearing about the 6 inch version of the Nexus 6 (by Motorola), but I thought I heard there would be two sizes. Was I wrong? Honestly I am not against the 6 inch version, I just thought I heard their would be a choice. Seems odd their would be just a 6 inch version.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There has been no hint or leak of a refreshed Nexus 5, and by now, there's usually been some kind of leaked photo or benchmark. I'm still hoping that maybe Google is distracting us with the Shamu, making everyone think they'll only be selling a 6" phone, and then surprising everyone with their own version of "Oh, one more thing ...";)

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
There has been no hint or leak of a refreshed Nexus 5, and by now, there's usually been some kind of leaked photo or benchmark. I'm still hoping that maybe Google is distracting us with the Shamu, making everyone think they'll only be selling a 6" phone, and then surprising everyone with their own version of "Oh, one more thing ...";)
Kind of like how the Chromecast was a complete and total surprise? I think that little thing stole the show when they showed off the new Nexus 7 (I think that was when they kind of slipped that in back in 2013) Everyone was focused on the N7......

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I do hope there are two size choices. Like I said I will still probably jump on the 6 inch Nexus, just because as a Verizon customer it's been a while since a Nexus phone has been available, but it would be nice to have a choice.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
There is no indication that there will be any two size. The smaller size is the Nexus 5, so just get the Nexus 5 if you want smaller.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you are looking for a smaller Nexus device... I'd consider the 2014 Moto X pure edition or just wait until they officially announce something.... It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that Google could have a smaller device up their sleeve... Some rumored leaked benchmarks early showed a 5.2 inch device but most leaks since point to a 5.92 device....