Google Nexus 6 Build Quality?

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I have, in the past,read very good things about the build quality of Motorola phones, including their phone reception. Therefore, we can reasonably expect that they built a solid, reliable phone for Google, right?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Build Quality?

If the past is any indication, and the fact that most insiders agree that this is a blown up version of the MotoX, then yeah, build quality should be top notch.

mobilerules

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site

Yes, the past build quality of Motorola handsets have consistently been above average. And as far as reception, they're pretty much unmatched. They have many, many decades of experience designing & building antennas, & this shows in their cell phones too.

I wouldn't expect them to build a lesser quality phone for Google, especially when they need to prove to the Nexus/Android world that they can compete with anyone else (which they can).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Isn't the moto X's camera below flagship average?

The original MotoX yes, had an awful camera (OK, not awful, just below par) but the newer version seems to fare better. NOT top notch, but better. But then again, this has nothing to do with build quality, just to crappy camera components and software implementation.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site

I'm hearing reports from users that the battery is only lasting 12 hours on the new Moto X. That's not bad for a 2 year old battery, but concerning on a new one.
Edit: spelling error.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

I'm hearing reports from users that the battery is only lasting 12 hours on the new Moto X. That's not bad for a 2 year old battery, but concerning on a new one.
Edit: spelling error.

What does that have to do with the build quality of the Nexus?

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Have you read this thread?

I'm with ultra on this one, no one was talking about battery life. Plus, battery life should always be amazing if you are getting a 6 inch phone. The processor, ran, and other electrical components are all the same as a smaller phone, so there is more room for battery compared to screen size, relative to smaller screened phones.

On topic, I would imagine the build quality will be fine but not outstanding. There were problems with the nexus 5,and there will likely be some problems with the nexus 6,but nothing earth-shattering I would imagine.

Posted via the Android Central App

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site

You're right. I guess I flashed on an another conversation that said the N6 was going to be a larger Moto X.

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

I am really excited to finally be going back to a Motorola phone. Yes I know the camera is not that great, but then I don't need a professional camera anyway. I am excited because the radios from Motorola are top notch. Better reception, calls, signal strength. And if the specs listed are true, then this should be an extremely solid high-end device. I am really looking forward to it.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

I am really excited to finally be going back to a Motorola phone. Yes I know the camera is not that great, but then I don't need a professional camera anyway. I am excited because the radios from Motorola are top notch. Better reception, calls, signal strength. And if the specs listed are true, then this should be an extremely solid high-end device. I am really looking forward to it.

Hey isn't reception and call quality what a phone is for anyway?

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Hey isn't reception and call quality what a phone is for anyway?

Depends on the person. Some don't care about call quality. I don't talk on my phone much, but when I do it is nice to know it will work well. I use it mostly for texting, among other things.

Fr3lncr

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Reception was one of my gripes with the Nexus 5 (and Nexus 4 before than, and Galaxy S2 before that). I hate being in a store or someplace and whip out my phone only to notice I don't have a signal. And in these cases, it isn't a carrier issue as I'd have no problems on my Z30.

Anyways, if Motorola can offer better reception and signal strength, that would be a real benefit.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Isn't the moto X's camera below flagship average?
Generally it is, but it have more to do with the post processing technology, the hardware is there, Motorola just need to improve their software. The current Moto X 2014 camera is pretty acceptable, but not great. I think the Nexus 6 camera may be better because it's supposed to have optical image stabilization.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

Depends on the person. Some don't care about call quality. I don't talk on my phone much, but when I do it is nice to know it will work well. I use it mostly for texting, among other things.

Right, when you need it as a phone its got to have decent reception and call quality to work correctly (or keep you from getting frustrated and smashing it to little pieces). Cell antenna is all that separates it from a tablet. Reception is just a tad bit more important than the camera IMO.

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Build quality, even on a pre-production unit, is MUCH better than the N5.

Love Moto's build quality. Just curious, can you give us maybe a sign or wink if the device will actually be released today instead of just announced???? No harm in asking...lol