Nexus 6 for Sprint...

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
What a let down Sprint has been lately. First, no sign off the 2014 Moto X, then crickets at the Sony Xperia Z3 announcement. I'm really hoping that the Nexus 6/X will be able to be activated on Sprint's network, if not sold directly through the carrier. Frustrated Sprint customer here with over 10 years of loyalty to a carrier who's phone selection seems to be dwindling unless you're an iPhone or Samsung fanatic.

This new Nexus to me is the phone I've basically been dreaming of for years. A pure Android experience on a larger than life screen. You all know the rumored specs so I'm not going to spew them out, but I'm just really hoping that this thing comes to Sprint. Anyone else out there with me, or better yet, does anyone else out there have any info that I may have missed scouring the internet for an insider tip!? :)

Posted via AC App on Moto X

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Sprint had nexus 5 so they should have nexus 6

Sent from my LGLS990 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I don't think that can be assumed. They also had last year's moto x but not this year's. Fingers crossed Though. The more carriers the better.

gamecreator08

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm completely with you. I joined Sprint around 5 years ago to get a Palm phone (any webOS fans?) and to AVOID an iPhone. Ironically, it seems like all Sprint offers nowadays ARE iPhones. The Moto X was the first phone since the Palm Pre that I was excited about, but I could not upgrade until now - and since Sprint has not announced plans to offer the New Moto X or the Blackberry Passport, the Motorola Nexus 6 is the best phone I could possibly purchase for Sprint. I have heard rumours from other threads of a Sprint model, but so far nothing conclusive.

Posted via Android Central App

kingmac38

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
There have been leaks showing a vzw nexus 6 so no reason to believe that Sprint won't get it also .....vzw didn't have the nexus 5

stanleywinthrop

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
There have been leaks showing a vzw nexus 6 so no reason to believe that Sprint won't get it also .....vzw didn't have the nexus 5

I wish it were that simple. For now the only clean android phone on sprint I'm counting for the foreseeable future is my 1st Gen Moto X and the nexus 5 I just ordered.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

thatguitarguy

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I think the sudden changes of things come from the new CEO slimming down on what they offer.

I mean, there IS a Moto X 2nd Gen that works with the Sprint network, it's just not in production because Sprint wasn't interested in carrying it.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I really hoped this phone would be 64-bit to work with 5.0. Now I'm just going to have to wait to see what sprint will be releasing in the near future. By this time next year even "low end" devices from Sprint will be 64-bit with a Q808 or Q810 processor. Can't see myself getting a 2 year contract when it is the last push for 32-bit.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

kingmac38

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I really hoped this phone would be 64-bit to work with 5.0. Now I'm just going to have to wait to see what sprint will be releasing in the near future. By this time next year even "low end" devices from Sprint will be 64-bit with a Q808 or Q810 processor. Can't see myself getting a 2 year contract when it is the last push for 32-bit.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Sprint already has a 64 bit phone right now ...made by htc

http://blog.gsmarena.com/htc-desire-510-benchmarking-qualcomms-first-64-bit-chip/

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante