Google Nexus 6 Preorder Info & Reviews

Did you cancel your pre-order after reading the reviews?

• Total voters

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
re: Google Nexus 6 Preorder Info & Reviews

Nice set of announcements today. Let's see what Apple has in store for us, too. It's gonna be a fun holiday season!

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

At that price they really don't want to sell many at the Play store, they would rather you buy them on contract with a carrier is all I can think of... Wow...just wow.

Fr3lncr

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

At that price they really don't want to sell many at the Play store, they would rather you buy them on contract with a carrier is all I can think of... Wow...just wow.

Yeah. No way I would buy one now. The carrier pricing for AT&T (if true) actually sounds decent depending on the plan you need with it. I guess they really want it to be a niche device this time around as the sales are definitely going to be a lot less.

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

I can afford to buy it off contract. But why should I? I would rather buy on contract at ATT for $50 and then pay the ETF if I want out... It really makes no sense. I know this is a premium device, but the Nexus has in the past been predicated on value and price too...

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm betting this was probably part of the deal to get the Nexus on all carriers. Google subsidies appear to be dead in the water this go around.

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I don't think it'll be $49 with a 2-year contract on AT&T.
It's placeholder was a G3 Vista image (which actually is $49). Just a mix-up.

Probably $199 on-contract.

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

The price is terrible I guess they want to compete in the subsidized market, but I don't know how well they can expect to do that between Samsung and Apple also having phablets with brands that are already well established in the carrier markets.

Damn, that price is a disappointment. I see they also removed all of the Nexus 5's from their website so I guess they're done with the cheaper Nexus phones. I guess the OnePlus One will be that cheaper premium phone to have.

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

Since I'm locked into an AT&T contract plan at this time (in order to keep parents on my plan with the same basic phone they are comfortable with), it makes more financial sense to buy it through AT&T---as much as I would like to buy it directly from Google Play. My only concern is whether AT&T will sully the pure Android experience by adding their own specific apps to the Nexus 6.

I have reluctantly been planning to give up my original plan to buy the Note 3, with removable battery and SD card I wanted so much, for the pure Android experience. So if AT&T adds anything to the phone, that would diminish my incentive to buy the Nexus 6.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63