Will the Nexus 6 be able to support Moto X like features?

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Will the Nexus 6 have an AMOLED screen so it can in principle have a notification system like the Moto X (without draining battery too quickly)?

Will it be able to have an always listening feature like the Moto X?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It certainly has the ability to, but I don't think we'll be seeing them unfortunately. Would be nice to have though, and I don't think they're gimmicky like other OEM's features.

taappel

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
This is something I'm waiting to find out too. $649 is a little expensive even for a beast of a phone like this, but I don't think I could get rid of my Moto X unless I had those features on a Nexus

Posted via Android Central App

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Could you guys tell me what features, specifically, you're talking about and what they do? I don't know anything about the Moto X unique features.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
This is something I'm waiting to find out too. $649 is a little expensive even for a beast of a phone like this, but I don't think I could get rid of my Moto X unless I had those features on a Nexus

Lol :) rather a moto x 2014 then a samesung bloat 4 :)

taappel

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Active Display allows you to see notifications without turning on the entire screen or unlocking the phone. It is a good power saver. Touchless control allows you to use voice commands with the screen off. Moto Assist has some different features allowing you to make your phone be quiet when you have a meeting scheduled or at night when you are asleep. Also some other car related features. I use most of these features and don't think I could go without. If the Nexus 6 doesn't have them, I might have to upgrade to the Droid Turbo

Infinite7154

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Could you guys tell me what features, specifically, you're talking about and what they do? I don't know anything about the Moto X unique features.

Moto X's have what called active notifications. It allows you notifications to pulse on your lock screen without you even picking up or unlocking the phone and it doesn't wear down your battery. There are a few other Moto exclusive systems that are awesome on a phone

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Moto X's have what called active notifications. It allows you notifications to pulse on your lock screen without you even picking up or unlocking the phone and it doesn't wear down your battery. There are a few other Moto exclusive systems that are awesome on a phone
It's called Moto display now ;P
Just for future reference

tetsuk

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
The Moto X 2014 lists the following in its specs: Natural Language Processor, Contextual Computing Processor. I don't see those things listed on the Nexus 6 specs sheet, sadly, but if we are to believe what LifeHacker wrote, there is still a chance that it might work.