Trying to decide on Nexus 6, Moto X or Droid Turbo

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
But, I believe the ONLY charger they give you is the "rapid" one. So, per battery university, that fast charging cycle will affect battery life.

If you read the fine text, it only rapid chargers it for like 15 mins or so, while the battery is almost dead basically. Then it slows down.

Posted via Android Central App

GilmourD

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Just when I thought I had my options decided on, along comes the Nexus 6. Based on what I have read, is it fair to say that the Nexus 6 will be a Moto X but with all the niceties (less the bloat) that the Droid Turbo has?

So many phones coming out now that things are getting confusing and the lines are starting to blur.
I've been in the same conundrum.

Initially, my thoughts were:
  • Moto X would be the winner if it weren't for the battery
  • Droid Turbo would be the winner if it weren't for capacitive buttons (some like them, I don't) and VZW bloat
  • Nexus 6 would be the winner if it weren't for size
However, I went to the VZW store yesterday and got my hands on some of the larger phones (HTC One Max, Galaxy Note 3, iPhone 6 Plus). They actually didn't FEEL gigantic to me. In fact, I looked down at my Droid RAZR HD MAXX as I was walking out and was like "Wait, when did my phone get so small?"

I think I might be in the Nexus 6 camp when my upgrade comes next month.

Go to a store and try your hand (literally) at the larger phones. See if you feel the way I did (or not).

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been in the same conundrum.

Initially, my thoughts were:
  • Moto X would be the winner if it weren't for the battery
  • Droid Turbo would be the winner if it weren't for capacitive buttons (some like them, I don't) and VZW bloat
  • Nexus 6 would be the winner if it weren't for size
However, I went to the VZW store yesterday and got my hands on some of the larger phones (HTC One Max, Galaxy Note 3, iPhone 6 Plus). They actually didn't FEEL gigantic to me. In fact, I looked down at my Droid RAZR HD MAXX as I was walking out and was like "Wait, when did my phone get so small?"

I think I might be in the Nexus 6 camp when my upgrade comes next month.

Go to a store and try your hand (literally) at the larger phones. See if you feel the way I did (or not).

The iPhone 6+ seems to be very close in size. If you can handle the 6+ and like it, it will be similar for the Nexus 6.

maxt_63

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
For me personally I didn't mind the size of the iPhone 6+ at all. I thought it was too big at first until I played with it for a bit. The Nexus is definitely one of my choices now. That or the X or the Turbo. But I've had it up to here with VZW bloat

rowdyspartan

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Of the three options, I will go with the Nexus 6. The screen size, resolution and battery life got me. I use my Nexus 5 heavily for media and I've realized a larger screen and battery would fit my usage. I'm anxious to get my wife the moto X as she is not too tech savvy but coming off a galaxy S3, would very much appreciate the moto features.

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I was trying to find the app called Commander in the Play Store and could not find it. Is that the specific name?

Thanks

It's actually "Commandr"... No letter "e" in the app name.

I use this app on my Note 3 and it works as advertised, which is amazing, but the reviews on it say that it doesn't work that well with Moto Voice.

Anyway, here ya go:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=com.RSen.Commandr&token=CeBRe5E1

Posted via Android Central App

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
What's this Moto X Play edition I keep hearing a few people on these forums mention.

Is there any solid leaks/rumors or news about this device other than a mysterious FCC filing (any resolution on what that was yet?) or the rumor of a botched 5.2" Nexus device?

I'd love to hear more but I can't help but feel people are grasping for straws here... Do tell, please.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Just when I thought I had my options decided on, along comes the Nexus 6. Based on what I have read, is it fair to say that the Nexus 6 will be a Moto X but with all the niceties (less the bloat) that the Droid Turbo has?

So many phones coming out now that things are getting confusing and the lines are starting to blur.

I would get the nexus if you want to always have the latest updates and first. Plus if you can handle the size, it looks like a great device. Otherwise the turbo is a great option, updates will probably be a little slower and who knows for how long. Otherwise it seems you can't go wrong with any of those 3 devices.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
What's this Moto X Play edition I keep hearing a few people on these forums mention.

Is there any solid leaks/rumors or news about this device other than a mysterious FCC filing (any resolution on what that was yet?) or the rumor of a botched 5.2" Nexus device?

I'd love to hear more but I can't help but feel people are grasping for straws here... Do tell, please.

There is no moto x google play edition. There is a moto x pure edition which has no bloat, but essentially the moto x is already a google play device. It gets updates almost at the same time as the nexus, has near stock android with added useful features.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
It won't have any of those features. That is just for Motorola branded phones. The Nexus is a Google phone that just happens to be made by Motorola. I am still undecided on the Nexus 6 or Droid Turbo myself. The Droid Turbo has the Moto apps and features that I have come to know and love from my Moto X but being able to get another Nexus on Verizon is also a dream come true as well. Capacitive buttons don't bother me like other people it bothers. Android L would be on the Turbo shortly afterwards. It comes down to screen size, capacitive buttons, battery and camera. Those are the 4 differences I can think of (besides software) that I can think of between the two.

eh it may have something similar after all.
Nexus 6 Will Come With 'Ambient Display,' Its Own Personalized Take On Moto Display

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
There is no moto x google play edition. There is a moto x pure edition which has no bloat, but essentially the moto x is already a google play device. It gets updates almost at the same time as the nexus, has near stock android with added useful features.

Right. That's what I thought.

There are some posters (or one poster?) that keeps mentioning this Moto X "Play" edition or keeps suggesting that people wait for it. That's what confused me.

Thanks.

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Right. That's what I thought.

There are some posters (or one poster?) that keeps mentioning this Moto X "Play" edition or keeps suggesting that people wait for it. That's what confused me.

Thanks.

There is no Moto X "Play Edition" but there is the rumored Moto X Play which is supposedly the AT&T/T-Mobile variant of the Droid Turbo. It hasn't been confirmed or announced...just an FCC filing of a phone that is nearly identical to the Droid Turbo, but with GSM bands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007