What phone are you leaving for the Nexus 6?

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I had the Galaxy Note 4, returned it for the Droid Turbo, and just 45 minutes ago returned the Droid Turbo for the Nexus 6. (Order went through on Google Play, will receive it sometime this month hopefully!)

Now I just have a Moto E, my emergency/backup phone, while waiting for my new device.

I would be curious to see how you like the N6 compared to the Note 4 and Droid Turbo!

Posted via the Android Central App

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I had the Galaxy Note 4, returned it for the Droid Turbo, and just 45 minutes ago returned the Droid Turbo for the Nexus 6. (Order went through on Google Play, will receive it sometime this month hopefully!)

Now I just have a Moto E, my emergency/backup phone, while waiting for my new device.

Wow, lots of "big name" phones there you returned :) If I may ask, what made you return the Turbo?

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Selling both my Note 2 and 8 but keeping my gen 1 Moto X to swap between it and the Nexus 6 depending on what size device I want to carry.

xenomorph

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S3, running quantum ROM with dpk kernel

after 2.5 years the device is still in great condition performing as the first day, or better since it has fast and smooth AOSP, unlike bloated touchwiz

when I get the shamu, the S3 will be my back up

sodaboy581

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Wow, lots of "big name" phones there you returned :) If I may ask, what made you return the Turbo?

I actually only purchased a Turbo as a stopgap before getting a Nexus. It's kind of complicated, but I originally went to the Google Play Store to buy a Nexus 6 on the preorder date and got shafted... I didn't think Google would restock until December and I am leaving the country to Japan on the 8th for 3 weeks, so I figured I'd get the Turbo on Verizon and when I return in December, sell the Turbo on CL or Swappa and get the Nexus 6 on Verizon... However, Google Play opened up preorders again the next Wednesday and I managed to actually buy a Nexus 6. I was within the 14 day return window for Verizon, so I just returned the Turbo with no penalty to me. I'm going back to AT&T (prepaid) for the Nexus 6, though.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Now that I finally got an order in, I'll be leaving my 2013 wood Moto X for the new Nexus. Huge size jump, but I'm looking forward to it.

aj888

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a note 2. I'm tired of it and not getting up dates still on 4.3 can't wait to be the first for the updates. And I never us the s-pen

Fishfam4

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Trying to decide between OnePlus One preorder and the Nexus 6. Coming from an iPhone 4 (ancient). I really like huge screens, Android's customizability and both phone's aethetics, so I'm kinda having trouble deciding. Leaning more towards the Nexus.

I'll definitely be selling my iPad 3 (less archaic, but still very much so) for the Nexus 9, but that's not really on topic.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Trying to decide between OnePlus One preorder and the Nexus 6. Coming from an iPhone 4 (ancient). I really like huge screens, Android's customizability and both phone's aethetics, so I'm kinda having trouble deciding. Leaning more towards the Nexus.

I'll definitely be selling my iPad 3 (less archaic, but still very much so) for the Nexus 9, but that's not really on topic.

I'm curious as to why you're selling your iPad 3. Many people have an Android phone and one of the iPads to get both worlds (though I myself don't).

Fishfam4

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious as to why you're selling your iPad 3. Many people have an Android phone and one of the iPads to get both worlds (though I myself don't).
For one, iOS 8 has made it about as slow and crash prone as my iPhone 4 is on iOS 7. I've heard its speed be described as "slower than molasses flowing uphill on a hot summer day", which is fairly accurate. My little brother bought an iPad Mini with Retina Display, and there's a MAJOR difference in performance, even on iOS 7 when I could actually believe I was using a device that was high end only two years ago every once and a while.

Juggling two ecosystems sounds like a horrible idea, at least in my use case. I'm also not as fond of Apple as I once was.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Leaving the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. I can't wait for this phone to come in next week.

Wow, I'm surprised you kept it that long. I dumped mine after two years for the 2013 Moto X promo; that ~5 hr battery life on the GN was not enough. I still enjoyed the device though; fortunately I didn't have severe radio problems like others experienced.

Stevieboi

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I am leaving my Samsung Galaxy S4 behind! Can't wait for bloat-free pure Lollipop deliciousness!!

Bren S.

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

I heard the quality of the One Plus is horrible, and the customer service all but non existent.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon