Am I the only one worried about the Nexus 6 thickness?

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Am I the only one worried about the nexus 6 thickness?

The Moto X is also 10mm at its thickest point. The thickest section is towards the top where the camera is. Granted, it's not as large as the Nexus 6, but the X has been getting praised for its great in hand feel. Don't let the thickness deter you. Especially with the 6 Plus having to deal with bendgate for being too thin

Sent from my LG G3

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Curved back design is misleading, its only 3.8mm thick right at the very edge, otherwise its thick and bulky.

For such a bug, thick phone, it has a tiny battery. Droid Turbo, G2, G3, many other phones, all have bigger batteries as a percentage of chassis size.

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Curved back design is misleading, its only 3.8mm thick right at the very edge, otherwise its thick and bulky.

For such a bug, thick phone, it has a tiny battery. Droid Turbo, G2, G3, many other phones, all have bigger batteries as a percentage of chassis size.

Have you held the phone to make the claim that it's thick and bulky? The new Moto X has the same curved design with same thickness and it is not thick and bulky at all...I think it feels much thinner than the G3. I'm more worried about the width than the thickness on the Nexus 6.

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

ive held the x and it feels fine. so im not really worried. and im not sure what worrying about thickness has to do with battery size. either way, if its anything like the x, which it clearly is a larger replica, theres nothing to worry about.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Have you held the phone to make the claim that it's thick and bulky? The new Moto X has the same curved design with same thickness and it is not thick and bulky at all...I think it feels much thinner than the G3. I'm more worried about the width than the thickness on the Nexus 6.

I'm also more worried about the width actually.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

The moto x almost entirely fits inside the screen of this monster.

XT1096NiT Fury. AndroidCentral Moderator

stylez619

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

It's eleven hundredths of an inch thicker than an iPhone 6 plus. Quit being ridiculous.

dankev

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

It's eleven hundredths of an inch thicker than an iPhone 6 plus. Quit being ridiculous.

We're all posting on the internet about every bit of minutia regarding cell phones that aren't yet available for purchase. Ridiculous is part of the territory.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

As others have mentioned, it's 10mm at its thickest point and tapers off on the sides.

I have the HTC One M8 which is also 10mm or so at the thickest point, but it curves to the sides and doesn't feel thick in the hand. It feels really comfortable.

The most uncomfortable thing about the Nexus 6 may be its sheer size. While I've owned Note phones in the past, I never truly got used to the size. I have a feeling it'll be the same with the Nexus 6.

Genebaby

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site

With the Moto X, and presumably the N6, do cases follow the phones thicknes, or are do they make the phone more uniform?

If I get the N6 I'm hoping to get a Spigen Slim Armor case for it.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

The Moto X tapered design it make more comfortable to use than most other phones.

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

With the Moto X, and presumably the N6, do cases follow the phones thicknes, or are do they make the phone more uniform?

If I get the N6 I'm hoping to get a Spigen Slim Armor case for it.
Most tend to follow the phone's curve. Off the top of my head, the only brand I can think of that doesn't do this is UAG. For the M8, their case made the phone feel like a large flat rectangle.

Sent from my LG G3

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

How much of you hold your phone close to your head while making a call. I think 90% of us use a BT to handle our calls. Not concerned about measures at all, just about performance, and this will be the holly cow of the smartphones.

:p

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site

Now that you mention it, I'm concerned about the distance from one side to the other. The 'hump' on the back will create a further reaching distance from one side to the other. I have small hands and currently use the Note 2 without trouble. I suppose I'll adjust to the size whatever it is? I am seriously considering the Nexus 6 (camera quality makes the decision).

I hate waiting. I'm not good at it...

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

I hate waiting too, but the only option is Note 4 at this moment and I'm not back at Samsung again (currently on an S5), too much bloatware and too much waiting for firmware updates. Be cool and wait ! lol

dankev

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Now that you mention it, I'm concerned about the distance from one side to the other. The 'hump' on the back will create a further reaching distance from one side to the other. I have small hands and currently use the Note 2 without trouble. I suppose I'll adjust to the size whatever it is? I am seriously considering the Nexus 6 (camera quality makes the decision).

I hate waiting. I'm not good at it...

I thought you had already decided on the Note. Still working it out?

I don't think the hump will make it feel wider. Our hands curve anyway. I'm super curious/impatient to get the thing in my hands, though.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

How much of you hold your phone close to your head while making a call. I think 90% of us use a BT to handle our calls. Not concerned about measures at all, just about performance, and this will be the holly cow of the smartphones.

:p

I use BT in my car but outside of my car I either hold it to my head or use the speaker phone..... But at the same time I only "Average" 60 - 80 minutes of talk time per month in this age of internet data usage, text messages and emails.... I can't see it being a big issue trying to talk on this device..

Go to a Best Buy or AT&T store and just pick up the new 2014 Moto X.... It actually feels smaller in the hand than the Nexus 5... the way they designed the curve of the back makes it very comfortable... Now granted that is on a 5.2 inch screen not this monster.. but I'd venture to say it feels smaller than it actually is if the design language is similar regardless of your hand size...