Nexus 6 or Wait

Mason Sell

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm considering selling my htc one m8 to buy a Nexus 6, but I'm not sure that it's worth it at this point. It has a small chip on it, but nothing awful by any means. Should I just wait for the Xperia Z4, GS6 and HTC One M9 and make my decision then? Or should I sell now and buy the Nexus 6?

Posted via the Android Central App

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The HTC One M8 is still a pretty good phone... Mostly come down to if you just want a new phone and can afford to buy the Nexus 6....... It's the smartphone world so there is always something newer and better right around the corner.... I am upgrading from a Nexus 5 once the Nexus 6 goes on preorder... I don't need it but I can afford it and I've been wanting a stock Android phablet like device....

Mason Sell

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
It's a very tempting package that's for sure. I think I may wait for the 64bit phones and just root what I ever I get. The Nexus 6 is just a really cool phone and I like a lot things about it

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
If you really want the phone get it. Like the other person said, there's always something new coming out. If you keep waiting for something better, you'll never get anything. 64 bit really isn't that big of a deal. Most things won't even be optimized for it when the tech comes out.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm considering selling my htc one m8 to buy a Nexus 6, but I'm not sure that it's worth it at this point. It has a small chip on it, but nothing awful by any means. Should I just wait for the Xperia Z4, GS6 and HTC One M9 and make my decision then? Or should I sell now and buy the Nexus 6?

Mr. Sell; my formers Android phones were HTC ONE X, HTC ONE X+ ( 64 GB Internal Memory ), HTC ONE M7, LG G2. My current Android is a Google Nexus 5 and my next one is going to be a Google Nexus 6. HTC builds great phones and I enjoy my past experience with three of them. The LG G2 got problems with the nock on nock off screen features and die, so I bought my Nexus 5. After the Google Nexus experience there's no way I go back to phone manufacturer bloatware and mobile service bloatware, AT&T in my case. Think about it, take a big breath and go for the Google Nexus 6.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
64 bit really isn't that big of a deal.

Probably what a year or so away before it's even worth it? and probably even longer before the majority of apps are optimized for it?

From what I am reading 64 bit is going to be a big deal if you are hard core into gaming... but the majority of apps and operation it's pointless...

Mason Sell

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
If you really want the phone get it. Like the other person said, there's always something new coming out. If you keep waiting for something better, you'll never get anything. 64 bit really isn't that big of a deal. Most things won't even be optimized for it when the tech comes out.

This is indeed very true...

Mason Sell

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Mr. Sell; my formers Android phones were HTC ONE X, HTC ONE X+ ( 64 GB Internal Memory ), HTC ONE M7, LG G2. My current Android is a Google Nexus 5 and my next one is going to be a Google Nexus 6. HTC builds great phones and I enjoy my past experience with three of them. The LG G2 got problems with the nock on nock off screen features and die, so I bought my Nexus 5. After the Google Nexus experience there's no way I go back to phone manufacturer bloatware and mobile service bloatware, AT&T in my case. Think about it, take a big breath and go for the Google Nexus 6.

I know people rave about the nexus phones, but are they really that much better? The M7 was a fantastic phone, but the crapware from AT&T makes you think the Nexus is the de facto lineup? I'm certainly interested. I'll have to wait for in store models and stuff, I'm a little bit worried about size and if one handed usage is even possible when necessary, but we shall see.

With regards to comments about the 64 bit processors, those are excellent points. Not many apps are optimized for it and only some hard-core games will, but who wants to do hard-core gaming on a phone.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I know people rave about the nexus phones, but are they really that much better?

Really subjective..... It's almost like the IOS vs Android argument....

My first smartphone was the Nexus One.... I used it with T-Mobile which at the time didn't work for me... So I went back to Sprint and ended up with an HTC EVO 4G and at first I thought the sense skin was pretty neat but over time I just wanted stock android... So I rooted and went with a stock ROM.... and then I got a GS3 and did the same.. root and loaded a stock ROM... Now I have the Nexus 5....

I like stock android better and with a Nexus device you will get updates as they are released (or within a short period of time after) because of things like Sense and Touchwiz HTC and Samsung have to take stock android and make their skin play nice with stock android...

At the end of the day it's just what you are more comfortable with..... what works best for you and your situation..

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Probably what a year or so away before it's even worth it? and probably even longer before the majority of apps are optimized for it?

From what I am reading 64 bit is going to be a big deal if you are hard core into gaming... but the majority of apps and operation it's pointless...
Those who want gaming should get the nVidia Shield tablet, or at least the HTC Nexus 9.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I know people rave about the nexus phones, but are they really that much better? The M7 was a fantastic phone, but the crapware from AT&T makes you think the Nexus is the de facto lineup? I'm certainly interested. I'll have to wait for in store models and stuff, I'm a little bit worried about size and if one handed usage is even possible when necessary, but we shall see.

With regards to comments about the 64 bit processors, those are excellent points. Not many apps are optimized for it and only some hard-core games will, but who wants to do hard-core gaming on a phone.

That's a good move, go to the store and take a long look at Nexus 6. As soon it arrives at AT&T I'm going to do it as well, my two year contract expires al May 2015 so I 'm going to buy from Amazon or Google Play Store. I much prefer that way cause want to be extra sure there will not be mobile service bloatware. I'm too old for a bad joke of AT&T.

Mason Sell

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Everyone is too old for bad joke from AT&T!

I do really like the stock version of lollipop. I don't really have issues with HTC Sense though. The new versions are definitely the best out of the android skins. Htc has also promised quick upgrades, but they will of course not be as fast as Google, but still. However speed of updates won't matter much to me if I can't even use the phone efficiently haha

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Everyone is too old for bad joke from AT&T!

I do really like the stock version of lollipop. I don't really have issues with HTC Sense though. The new versions are definitely the best out of the android skins. Htc has also promised quick upgrades, but they will of course not be as fast as Google, but still. However speed of updates won't matter much to me if I can't even use the phone efficiently haha

I'm considering doing the same thing. I love my M8, but the Nexus 6 is really intriguing to me, as is Lollipop. I've never had a Nexus before, so it's not about being diehard stock Android or anything for me; I really like Sense 6. At the same time, I like a lot of things about the Nexus 6 that really have me wanting to try it. But I've also been considering something bigger also, and I was taking a good look at the Note 4 as well (but not anymore!). If I wasn't on T-Mobile and had JUMP, I probably wouldn't be sweating it so much and would be waiting to see what the M9 brings. But since I am, I'm gonna take advantage and give it a try.

Dubbayoo

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I wish it was a half inch smaller but I probably will end up getting it, canceling insurance and making my 2013 Moto X the backup.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

If you wait, there is always something around the corner. If you wait for those, then the next nexus will be right around the corner with a slightly faster/more powerful chip. Its at a point now where the chips aren't giving huge performance improvements over the previous years chips like was happening even a year ago. Not to mention no matter the specs, those devices usually still do not run as smooth as a nexus.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

People like nexus for fast updates and not all the crap that carriers/manufacturers stick in their devices. Now are they the "best" eh up to this point, they have been good devices but always seem to cut one or two corners to keep costs down. The nexus 6 seems to buck this trend with its high end, no cutting corners specs, and its higher price tag.

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
If you're good with the size, just get it. You'll be waiting forever if you're always waiting for the next best thing. By the time the Z4, GS6, and M9 come out, the Nexus 7 will be right around the corner and you'll find yourself wanting to wait even longer. The Nexus 6 has pretty much the best specs/hardware you can get in a phone right now and will last you a long time, especially considering that it will get fast software updates.

Go for it.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Always wait for the next great phone. No matter how good a phone looks, the next one will be better, so wait for it.