Nexus 6 unboxing video

J00P24

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
There's a video on YouTube of this guy unboxing all the new nexus items. And when he opened his Google play review edition of the nexus 6, it had tmo papers in there! The warranty papers and all.. This is a no no!!
I don't want anything from any carrier on/in my nexus!
I might have to wait longer and just get this phone from the play store when ever it goes back on sale again.

Google Nexus 6, Nexus 9, Nexus Player unboxing: http://youtu.be/jk1heWpjDqU

What do you guys think of this? He never got to show the apps on the phone and I'm wondering if we truly will have the tmo "my account" app on there.

Posted via Android Central App

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
If you have a TMo SIM in it, it downloads the TMO account app first thing. (I bet it does this for ATT, too, but I haven't hard-reset yet.)

Linh321

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
If you have a TMo SIM in it, it downloads the TMO account app first thing. (I bet it does this for ATT, too, but I haven't hard-reset yet.)

Are you sure about that? I thought you still get a bare none nexus just carrier locked! And if you wanted a couple apps from T-Mobile you can look them up on the play store and get them there. The only apps i have from my T-Mobile nexus 4 is the visual voicemail app which I downloaded myself. Unless something else changes with this nexus 6 that have T-Mobile fiddling with it.

Posted via Android Central App with LG Google Nexus 4

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure about that? I thought you still get a bare none nexus just carrier locked! And if you wanted a couple apps from T-Mobile you can look them up on the play store and get them there. The only apps i have from my T-Mobile nexus 4 is the visual voicemail app which I downloaded myself. Unless something else changes with this nexus 6 that have T-Mobile fiddling with it.

@askdes has said on Twitter that the phone uses the new Android function to download apps to download the T-Mobile My Account app, but the app can be deleted entirely.

Posted via the Android Central App

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
On all my phones I have popped the sim out or just not put it in until I have rooted & have custom recovery. I'll have to go get a new sim this time because I have micro & this'll take nano.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

Also it isn't going to be carrier locked. It's still an unlocked nexus.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I watched your podcast. I don't mind it downloading the my att app since I use it anyway. If that's all it did that's cool, I kind of like that.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if I can use my existing T-Mobile nano-SIM or if there's an advantage to using the one that comes with the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang