New Nexus 6 case

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
The guys that make the rhino shield are developing a case for the nexus 6.

Crashguard Google Nexus6

Posted via Android Central App

That's pretty insane... Though I have to wonder if they repeated that test 20x how many phones would actually survive unblemished.

$25 is not cheap, but then again when you compare it the price at which Google was selling their N5 bumper cases, it's not so bad. Just wonder how much width/length/thickness it adds.

Edit - found the Kickstarter page they funded the Crashguard for the iPhone 5/6/6+, which offered the following details (which if accurate for the 6+, should be comparable on the Nexus 6):

Capture.JPG

2.5mm thick sounds like a lot, but it would depend on whether part of that is mitigated by where the phone sets into it.

Last edited:

strav22

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, its going to take some time to make this thing. I'm not sure if they'll get enough people to sign up.

I did preorder one. I may need to get a bumper from google or another case. Ill probably get my Nexus 6 before this case. I use the bumper from google on my nexus 5, its great.

Posted via Android Central App

whalechan

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Check the iphone demo, the screen pops out. I am sceptical about this case, though probably it would work better if you dropped from your head hight only.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Check the iphone demo, the screen pops out. I am sceptical about this case, though probably it would work better if you dropped from your head hight only.

I'm not seeing where the screen sticks out. From what I can make out, it looks like it has a bit of a lip even beyond the screen with their screen protector involve.

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know of a real good soft leather pouch for a phone this size? I want to be able to slide it out with like a lambskin soft lining wrapped in leather pouch. Any ideas?
Thanks