The Nexus 6 camera

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
How does the camera in the Nexus 6 stack up against some of the best on the market as far smart phone cameras. As someone that also uses there phone for my video and photos for my family, the camera is a big deal.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm considering buying a nexus 6 and selling my note 4 because of this reason. The note 4 has an amazing camera but low light leaves a lot to be desired at times and the dual ring flash should help with low light I would think

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ejordan

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
A lot of initial impressions have been saying the N6 camera is far and away the best Nexus camera there's been and have also been putting it on the (somewhat?) higher end of smartphone cameras out right now? Google is making the press wait until the 12th for their full reviews and camera performance might be one of the things people have to hold off on talking about until then so worst case there'll be more info about it's quality by then.

Here's a few references I've come across for now, though:

On this forum Nexus 6 HDR+ gallery

BGR's These pictures show the Nexus 6’s camera is just as awesome for nighttime photos

Forbes' Hands-On With Google's Nexus 6 Phone

Ubergizmo's Google Nexus 6: First Impressions
From my quick tests, the camera autofocuses quickly and pictures look pretty sharp. For once the Nexus camera might not be junk.

Gizmodo's Nexus 6 Hands On: So Big, So Beautiful
We haven't had much time to put the camera through its paces yet—or even to look at Nexus 6 photos on a computer—but it seems like a shoo-in for "best Nexus camera yet," which is great news for a line of fantastic phones that have always suffered pretty atrocious cameras. It's fairly fast, and the low light performance seems decent. It's hard to say whether it'll be a standout, but even just "good enough" is a step up from the Nexus cameras of yore.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs