iPhone user considering Nexus 6, need opinion

mamutarka

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys, here is little intro. I am iPhone user most of the time. Had iPhone since 2008. and then i bought Nexus 4, that was my first and only android device, and I loved it. But after 6-7 months I sold N4, had some notification issues, and bought iPhone 5, than 5S which I own now.

I want bigger device, my options are iPhone 6 Plus or Nexus 6. iPhone 6+ is so damn ugly, I hate it, and well, It can bend :D , so my mind started to thing a lot about Nexus 6. I love nexuses overall, nice devices, and this one looks nice, feels nice, and lolipop is very nice too. Everything is nice :D

Are here any iPhone useres considering going to Nexus 6? What do you guys suggest, yes I know it depends on me, but little help could give me a better view of things.

Cheers

drxtal

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I transitioned from iOS to Android about a year ago (iPhone 4 to Moto X). I'm very happy with the transition, largely because I rely on Google services for a great deal of my communication and leisure activities. I'm not a power user by any means, but I've been very happy with the breadth of apps available for Android, and especially the 'Nexus-like' experience of the Moto X.

mamutarka

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I do know but nice to see they did this switch faq for newcomers.

I love both, iOS and Android, but now, I think that android is more advanced. And looks great too.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello guys, here is little intro. I am iPhone user most of the time. Had iPhone since 2008. and then i bought Nexus 4, that was my first and only android device, and I loved it. But after 6-7 months I sold N4, had some notification issues, and bought iPhone 5, than 5S which I own now.

I want bigger device, my options are iPhone 6 Plus or Nexus 6. iPhone 6+ is so damn ugly, I hate it, and well, It can bend :D , so my mind started to thing a lot about Nexus 6. I love nexuses overall, nice devices, and this one looks nice, feels nice, and lolipop is very nice too. Everything is nice :D

Are here any iPhone useres considering going to Nexus 6? What do you guys suggest, yes I know it depends on me, but little help could give me a better view of things.

Cheers

I had a iphone 6+ and returned it for an iPhone 6. I am thinking of grabbing a nexus to use alongside the iPhone. I feel the nexus 6 is the first real high end, no compromise nexus. If you can handle the size, I do not think you will be disappointed. Also, if you are not heavily invested in the IOS ecosystem, it makes it easier.

mdcraig

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
You mentioned you had notification issues with the N4. If that was text messages not coming through from other iPhone users, you might still have that problem with any Android phone. It's an iMessage bug. There are guides aimed at fixing it, but it ultimately doesn't always work. Its really up to Apple to fix it, and they have very little incentive to do it if it means fewer people moving away from Apple.

I think you are spot on with your assessment of Apple and Android and you would probably really like a Nexus. Just wanted to let you know of.

Posted via Android Central App

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Aside from the phone being really big, you should like it, Android Lollipop is the cleanest Android interface I've used so far, it may still take time to get used to coming from iOS, but it's the other way around as well.

The one thing that isn't sure about the N6 yet is the camera quality. Motorola camera are never that good, but this time the software is being handle by Google so maybe it will be a bigger improvement. But you should expect it to be not as good as iPhone.

rews

Banned
Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Aside from the phone being really big, you should like it, Android Lollipop is the cleanest Android interface I've used so far, it may still take time to get used to coming from iOS, but it's the other way around as well.

The one thing that isn't sure about the N6 yet is the camera quality. Motorola camera are never that good, but this time the software is being handle by Google so maybe it will be a bigger improvement. But you should expect it to be not as good as iPhone.
I was looking at a slideshow on YouTube of some Nexus 6 and iPhone 6+ side by side photo comparisons and the nexus shots were noticeably better in daylight outdoors. However the iPhone totally destroyed the nexus in low light

Ragazzochild

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
My gf has an iPhone and is considering the jump. The iPhone has some nuances that she doesn't like. The Google warranty's better... Upgrading a Nexus is also easier than the iPhone, especially if you purchase the 16GB. On an iPhone it's a little harder to see which app is eating up your battery.

Both are good phones, which makes it hard to choose a wrong one.

Personally... I'm waiting to see how the battery performs. Having a phone that needs to be connected to the all is a bit annoying. The iPhone 6+ has a great battery life. Now it's just a matter of seeing how the Nexus 6 performs!

dhotiram

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I got the iPhone 6+ after going from a nexus 5 on T-Mobile JUMP. 4 weeks and 200 dollars later went right back to nexus 6. IOS screwed me up. New contacts did not sync will google contacts, neither did the calendar appointments. SMS stopped coming because apple takes over with imessage. What a nightmare. Happy now after 2 weeks of nexus 6. Never going back to iOS.

anon(5061193)

Banned
Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I am sort of in the same situation. I have been an Iphone user on and off forever and currently have the Iphone 6+ and it is a great phone. I was at a conference last week and one of the speakers was talking about the Google suite of apps that were available for my business. After his speech, I went up to him and spoke to him privately about what he was talking about and he pulled out his Nexus 6 to show me something and it looked AMAZING.. I don't know the specifics but it was a quality piece of equipment and it felt great in the hand and the screen looked amazing and I was totally jealous.

He told me that he loved the phone and it was by far the best phone he had ever owned. (Keep in mind he did work for Google)....Verizon doesn't carry it and I went to the store to any to see what they had and I left with a Droid Turbo... Super nice phone.. but not the Nexus 6...Tough call for you.. but if you had the money, I would keep both

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I've used everything the past few years. I like variety when I'm not satisfied so I've used iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows, and multiple android devices. Has the iPhone 6 prior to getting my N6. Was a great phone and there are some advances with iOS. Just not enough to overcome the feeling a Nexus gives me. The fact that this phone is solidly built is just a positive. The iPhone 6 not even the 6+ seems fragile almost like I had to be extra careful with it. So happy to have a Nexus on Verizon finally :)

Posted via the Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
6+ is so much easier to hold. Got my nexus 6 yesterday and set it up but it is just a bit to wide to be comfortable to me. Have had note 1&2, OPO and 6+. My hand was actually tired after setting up the Nexus 6.

I have till January 9 to decide on returning. Using my OPO till my orzly glass arrives Tuesday.

Posted via my OnePlus One!

Last edited:

wsrobert

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
If there was ever a time to switch over to Android from iOS it'd be now with the Nexus 6. So long as the size doesn't bother you. 5.0 finally has bridged the gap in terms of fluidity of the experience while using the OS - that for so long only iOS could get right. I know some love to refute this. But the way that Android now renders animations, page transitions and scrolling is fundamentally different than before. And it shows. Arguably, Google is offering a better overall experience than iOS now. Maybe still missing the make on inter device interactions (Handoff) but 5.0is just a joy to use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12