When will Nexus 6 reviews drop

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I am hoping they drop next Monday. I use reviews to tide me over until I get the device. Once I have the phone, I can do my own review.... so to speak. While it is nice to look at reviews, I usually don't put much stock in them as most have an agenda(ie The Verge). It is just fun to watch and see while waiting on to get my device.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know when the embargo will be lifted and sites can do reviews on the 6?

Posted via the Android Central App

Several publications have said it's November 12... They can only do unboxing and initial impressions.. No full reviews until the 12th... They were doing the same thing with the Nexus 9... They didn't allow full reviews until November 3rd....

Don't really know or understand the logic behind that though.....

Christopher Gilliam

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Okay cool good to know.. Sucks thought I'm pretty sure the hold up lollipop they push out an, 800 megabyte update the day the 9 dropped so I'm guessing they haven't finalized the build yet for the Nexus 6 I wouldn't be surprised if an update was pushed out this weekend or the day of the review drops for the next 6

Last edited:

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Okay cool good to know.. Sucks thought I'm pretty sure the hold up lollipop they push out an, 800 megabyte update the day I dropped so I'm guessing they haven't finalized the build yet for the Nexus 6 I wouldn't be surprised if an update was pushed out this weekend or the day of the review drops for the next 6

Yeah had read on several sites that Lollipop wasn't ready back in Mid October..... I am sure we will see a bunch of "Updates" once we power up and it latches on to a WiFi or data signal of any kind....

Fubie

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I am hoping they drop next Monday. I use reviews to tide me over until I get the device. Once I have the phone, I can do my own review.... so to speak. While it is nice to look at reviews, I usually don't put much stock in them as most have an agenda(ie The Verge). It is just fun to watch and see while waiting on to get my device.
I'll enjoy reading them but only to tide me over until the stupid "whack a mole" (non)"PRE"-order madness stops so I can actually order the phone without having to fight for a freaking phone.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Really hoping to be doing my own hands on well ahead of all the official reviews....

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Several publications have said it's November 12... They can only do unboxing and initial impressions.. No full reviews until the 12th... They were doing the same thing with the Nexus 9... They didn't allow full reviews until November 3rd....

Don't really know or understand the logic behind that though.....

It's likely because they want any reviews to be able to be made on the devices running the 'release' versions of 5.0. Also, any errors that a reviewer might make in their review are more easily corrected when the device is in the hands of thousands of users who can refute them.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's likely because they want any reviews to be able to be made on the devices running the 'release' versions of 5.0. Also, any errors that a reviewer might make in their review are more easily corrected when the device is in the hands of thousands of users who can refute them.

Well if they are not on a release version of Lollipop now (which I doubt they are) it's not going to make much of a difference...... Everyone seems to of gotten their review units this week or late last week..... Any "Review" they are putting together and is released on 11/12 would be on a Pre-released version of the software regardless.... Pre-release review units typically get a good number of updates... Heck early adoption of a new Nexus device with the latest and greatest version of Android is going to see a few updates in the first few weeks or months....

The logic doesn't make a lot of sense because the majority of reviews this early in the game will always have that little * that they will update as they spend more time with the device..... So unless Google releases what they consider a FINAL build of 5.0 say today or by the weekend any review next week is going have to be taken with a grain of salt..... Besides the way you use your device is going to be completely different than how I use my device so your experience may be completely different.....

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Well if they are not on a release version of Lollipop now (which I doubt they are) it's not going to make much of a difference...... Everyone seems to of gotten their review units this week or late last week..... Any "Review" they are putting together and is released on 11/12 would be on a Pre-released version of the software regardless.... Pre-release review units typically get a good number of updates... Heck early adoption of a new Nexus device with the latest and greatest version of Android is going to see a few updates in the first few weeks or months....

The logic doesn't make a lot of sense because the majority of reviews this early in the game will always have that little * that they will update as they spend more time with the device..... So unless Google releases what they consider a FINAL build of 5.0 say today or by the weekend any review next week is going have to be taken with a grain of salt..... Besides the way you use your device is going to be completely different than how I use my device so your experience may be completely different.....

True, but if there are any glaring concerns Google is confident they will have addressed before launch, or changes they are introducing that they expect will have a substantial impact, they may want to suppress reviews so people's first 'taste' of that aspect isn't set to the wrong flavor.

For example, if they are finishing an updated camera app that makes extensive use of the newly addressable camera API, it could make a dramatic impact to that aspect of the user experience - one which has been heavily scrutinized in the past, and is a key point for many potential buyers.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
True, but if there are any glaring concerns Google is confident they will have addressed before launch, or changes they are introducing that they expect will have a substantial impact, they may want to suppress reviews so people's first 'taste' of that aspect isn't set to the wrong flavor.

For example, if they are finishing an updated camera app that makes extensive use of the newly addressable camera API, it could make a dramatic impact to that aspect of the user experience - one which has been heavily scrutinized in the past, and is a key point for many potential buyers.

:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20