Nexus 6: Difference in Buying from Play Store or from Motorola?

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 6 and Moto Maker

Do you think Motorola would eventually allow people to customize their Nexus 6 via Moto Maker?

Right now, Motorola and Google are having a hard time getting anything in stock, so it makes sense to hold off on anything drastic until things get straightened out.

If Moto Maker is out of the question, do you think we will get another color, like red? Google released a Nexus 5 in red, so maybe they'll continue that trend.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6 and Moto Maker

Do you think Motorola would eventually allow people to customize their Nexus 6 via Moto Maker?

Right now, Motorola and Google are having a hard time getting anything in stock, so it makes sense to hold off on anything drastic until things get straightened out.

If Moto Maker is out of the question, do you think we will get another color, like red? Google released a Nexus 5 in red, so maybe they'll continue that trend.

Would be a neat option........ Too late for me but I would have liked to of done the whole customization thing..... different colors and accents....

Different colors and options would probably be a down the road thing.. Depending on how well they do with the blue and white versions.....

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site

If you Google around, I've already seen some companies offer back "skins" that change the Nexus 6 to all red, carbon black, carbon white, etc. IMO, it looks cheezy, but that's just me. But as far as like Bamboo backs and such, I doubt that's going to happen.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

If you Google around, I've already seen some companies offer back "skins" that change the Nexus 6 to all red, carbon black, carbon white, etc. IMO, it looks cheezy, but that's just me. But as far as like Bamboo backs and such, I doubt that's going to happen.

I did one of those carbon fiber "SKINS" with my EVO years ago.. Looks over at first but only offers protection from scratching and no shock resistance at all and over time going in and out of a pocket it would slowly start to peel up on the corners here and there and eventually you just peel it off and throw it away......

ptonantryloc

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Would there be any difference in the buying process or warranty when buying from either the Google Play Store or from Motorola? I'm sure the phone will be the same. Ditto the price. I can't come up with anything purchase-wise that would differ. So, it ought to be merely a matter of availability. But, I thought I'd ask.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Would there be any difference in the buying process or warranty when buying from either the Google Play Store or from Motorola? I'm sure the phone will be the same. Ditto the price. I can't come up with anything purchase-wise that would differ. So, it ought to be merely a matter of availability. But, I thought I'd ask.

Google did offer to replace your Play Store Nexus 5 screen if busted once if you bought from them (no promise they would do this with the Nexus 6 and it was more of a quiet offer)... Outside of that everything looks pretty similar as far as warranty and return policy.... So far the Motorola site was a lot easier to use than the Play Store..... Also depending on where you live.... Google ships from Louisville, KY and Motorola ships from the DFW, Texas area.... (Motorola is offering free ground freight on their orders over $75 which I think the Nexus 6 slightly clears) so if you live close to Texas you might get it sooner and cheaper...

Jori5280

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that Motorola offered free shipping when I "tried" to purchase one on Thursday. I also believe that you will be able to purchase an extended warranty for the device through Moto, but didn't see that option available.

jrvtecaccord

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if you can purchase a Moto Care warranty if purchased a N6 from a carrier or Google? Hopefully so, if not I will just get a Square Trade one.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I know Motorola also replaced people who have a broken screen in the 2013 moto x. my sister in law got her custom moto x with a broken screen replaced couple months ago.

Posted via the Android Central App

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Motorola.com Orders Only....

where is that reddit thread? it did not work for me

This is where I got it from. They used this for the Moto 360's that they bought. It is not showing anything for me yet either as it has not shipped or had a shipping label made for it yet... This will be interesting as if they ship on the 13th we can see if they decide to hold it to the 19th like some have said, or we will get it before hand....

Track Motorola.com Order by FedEx Reference : moto360

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

This is where I got it from. They used this for the Moto 360's that they bought. It is not showing anything for me yet either as it has not shipped or had a shipping label made for it yet... This will be interesting as if they ship on the 13th we can see if they decide to hold it to the 19th like some have said, or we will get it before hand....

Track Motorola.com Order by FedEx Reference : moto360

It's a neat way to see if maybe they pack it up today give it a tracking number but it sits on a skid and not picked up until Tuesday!

I want my tracking number soon so I can call FedEx and put a hold for pick up hold on my package! Then you can swing by the FedEx terminal at lunch instead of waiting around all day for the driver to make his round....

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

It's a neat way to see if maybe they pack it up today give it a tracking number but it sits on a skid and not picked up until Tuesday!

I want my tracking number soon so I can call FedEx and put a hold for pick up hold on my package! Then you can swing by the FedEx terminal at lunch instead of waiting around all day for the driver to make his round....

Exactly. Great way to see if they are holding it but it has a tracking number, but don't want to release the tracking number to the consumer yet...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty